c1 conversion playboat suggestions?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

lung
C Guru

c1 conversion playboat suggestions?

Post by lung »

Hi. I have no experience with playboats, but it looks like fun. I'm going to start to look for a used kayak that I can convert, or hopefully if I'm lucky I'll find one that's already been converted with great outfitting (not holding my breath). I've heard good things about the flirt, or the nemesis and I've watched some Chapelle videos and man he kills it on that boat, but I'm guessing there are allot more that I could be keeping my eye out for. I'm 5'10 and 160. I'm guessing if I went with a Flirt, or Nemesis it should probably be medium correct? There is a used small flirt and nemesis for sale close by. Also a Large flirt, but I'm guessing they wouldn't be ideal. I like to be challenged and don't mind a boat that may take some time to adjust to. Any suggestions? Would love to try the original Blackfly, but I don't have the $$ and if I did I would probably spend it on the option anyways :)
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Re: c1 conversion playboat suggestions?

Post by Bob Wiggins »

Look for a wavesport project x. Great c1.
lung
C Guru

Post by lung »

Thanks for the suggestion Bob! Looking forward to finding one of these boats one of these days. Not really looking forward to re-outfitting to be honest. I'm hoping I can gather enough information on here to make it less painful though. I'm not really a natural fix it up type guy, but I'm sure I'll learn some things along the way.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Contact PS Composites and ask them to build you a Ceemweaver... Job done :p
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)