Toe Blocks?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Toe Blocks?

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I think I may have come up with a much more elegant solution for outfitting a c1 creekboat than a bulkhead or double straps...

However (by design) If I slide my legs back the system comes loose and lets me fall out; so I want something to allow me to control when my legs slide back and remebered people talking about toe blocks, but I can't remember the specifics of how they're best set up; I'm normally a feet-flat paddler and due to a low saddle will probably be adding ankle blocks once I'm happy with the setup.

Any Advice on how to get a good setup, or how yours work for you?
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
ezwater
C Maven

Re: Toe Blocks?

Post by ezwater »

Never used them, but I'm so big that once I'm in, getting out is a rather deliberate process.
canotrouge
C Guru

Post by canotrouge »

Do you have a stern pillar? If yes, you could probably use a 1" tubing/dowel going true the pillar, where you could push agains with your toes. something like this: https://picasaweb.google.com/1054299602 ... 8817079234
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I have yakimas mounted in my creeking C1 (Everest) that I trimmed down so that they are about half the normal size. Works for me and being so small I don't get hung up on them.
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

That could work... maybe, Ido jave a set of yakimas in the back of my squirtboat which are worse than useless (the previous owner was somewhat smaller in the leg and foot dept. than I) so no harm in trying.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Don Williams
C Boater

Post by Don Williams »

I use small blocks of minicell glued to the bottom or the boat (and side of the pillar) with contact cement, light and simple. I reach back with a marker while in the boat to get where my toes are and glue them in a little forward of that point, it is easy to trim slices off until you get the fit you want. The blocks are (very roughly) an inch to inch and a half high, 2 1/2" wide, and 4" long.

It's easy to slip your feet off the blocks when you want to get out, very occasionlly I need to re glue them.

Don