Dagger Aftershock?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

kiwic1chick
C Boater

Dagger Aftershock?

Post by kiwic1chick »

Looking at buying a Dagger Aftershock so need some advice! Would this be a good boat for someone my size (5'7", 135lb)? I've never open-boated before but want to get into it. I usually paddle a c1 dagger gradient or bliss-stick rad185. Let me know what you think.
Anna.
Any girl can be glamorous. All you have to do is stand still and look stupid. I choose to go paddling.
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Re: Dagger Aftershock?

Post by TNbound »

This is second hand information, but I've been told you may as well fill the boat up with water before you run a rapid or try to surf anything and that it makes a better (snow) sled than canoe. However, for someone as light as you, it may run dryer. If the price is right it could be a fun experiment.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

weird timing, I just took a friends aftersock down the Tohickon. put a pump in it and glad I did, super stable but very wet, Leaned back on the back deck on every wave I surfed, never went all the way over but felt like an easy roll if needed (need better outfitting). feels like itd be an ender/cartwheel machine (need better outfitting to know forsure)

oh Im a 6ft 235 lb
Proud Yankee
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

TonyB wrote:. . . super stable but very wet. . . felt like an easy roll. . .
What TonyB said.

I recently bought an old A'Shock, and the previous owners affirmed 'stable and wet'. Tried it in the pool, and I can attest to it being EASY to roll.

Another old crony had some success fabricating a deck and cockpit, and converting an A'Shock to a large C-1. When I mentioned this in these august pages, Smurf threatened to cross me off his Christmas card list if I ever mutilated such an honourable OC-1 in such a wanton fashion.

All I can say is -- if you ever convert yours, don't show your face at WESTFEST! :lol:

Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !