Alabama Cup Racing Association & sponsoring clubs

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Stingray
C Guru

Alabama Cup Racing Association & sponsoring clubs

Post by Stingray »

I got back to Vermont a couple days ago. I traveled around South Eastern States during the month of March. I attended two Slalom Races, Mulberry Fork and Locust Fork Classic presented by Alabama Cup Racing Association, Friends of the Locust Fork River, Birmingham Canoe Club, & Huntsville Canoe Club w/ a number of other sponsors and volunteer (http://www.alabamacupraces.com/index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). This collision of boaters in Alabama provides an experience for slalom racers second to done. The on the river experience was excellent at both races, with a special appreciation for the organizers of the Mulberry Fork, who faced a number of diverse situation, with tornado warning/watches on Friday night, causing flooding the first day of racing, their actions seemed like they had dealt with this before, all their discussions w/chances of schedule and course alteration were very timely and professional with an end results of a fantastic experience. The after race festivities at both races was a lot fun, enough raffle prizes so about half of the participants won something and large portions of good food. They make every effort to accommodate the races needs. The hardware for the first three places was nice, with very nice mugs for the cup series winners.
So far I’ve only mentioned the slalom part, the boater cross was a lot of fun and now I wish I’d brought my downriver boat. That’s a lot of racing for two days.
I’m a rusty boater, but I have attended close to a couple hundred slalom/downriver races in North America, and I highly recommend attending the Alabama Cup Series of races.
Thank you Alabama White Water Paddlers!