The Great[ly Ignominious] C1 - OC1 Debate...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ian123
CBoats Addict

Re: The Great[ly Ignominious] C1 - OC1 Debate...

Post by ian123 »

Eddyhops, yes, although probably a shittty open canoe. See, it's not that hard.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

MrTgrips wrote:Do what you love and don't worry about the the folks that don't see eye to eye with you. You WON'T change their mind anyway!
That's it in a nutshell. Take a look at some of the responses in this thread for examples.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

MrTgrips wrote:Do what you love and don't worry about the the folks that don't see eye to eye with you. You WON'T change their mind anyway!
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

... and we are back at it... :lol: ...

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

Either get a stick or mind you own business :lol:
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

As a one-time OC1er and still am on occasion, I can say that skirts are for sissies ;-0.

Really, I am pretty much done with lugging a big a$$ OC1 around, dumping it, and taking chances on harder runs that I don't need to. Plus, OC1s are more expensive and take up a lot of room in my garage. At least you can get them in PE now, Royalex sucks.

I could care less about OC1er egos putting down C1ers. I have become a better paddler in my C1 in my opinion and that is all that matters to me. I appreciate the skills that I learned in my OC1s, but I am pretty much over the novelty. With that said, I respect my OC1 brethren, I think we can all agree that OC1 is harder than C1 and does make things more challenging from getting the boat to the water to running rapids.

Now after watching Jeremy OC2 video, that is bas a$$! :-)
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

AJ wrote:With that said, I respect my OC1 brethren, I think we can all agree that OC1 is harder than C1
Find and paddle a Mustang and a Maven, then come back and tell me that. :P
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
busterblue
CBoats Addict

Post by busterblue »

With that said, I respect my OC1 brethren, I think we can all agree that OC1 is harder than C1
That's nice of you to say :) but I'm doubtful. For example I recently started paddling an Atom. I personally find it much more challenging than the open boats I have paddled so far.
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

I m finding the Atom a bit of a challenge also. I will say that it rolls faster and easier then my openboats and the the no water in the boat thing makes it easier. Like open boats, some C1's are probably more forgiving then others.
AJ
CBoats Addict

Post by AJ »

Well, you guys have given me something to think about: old boat designs, squirts, downriver, etc. :lol:

For me, C1ing in a current designed river runner/creek kayak seems easier than OC1. It did take me a while to get the feel of C1ing, but now my Ocoee feels big and Kraig's L'Edge felt very strange.

No hating from me on anyone's vessel or paddling style. I just hope we have water this year in Colorado, our snow pack is not good. :evil:
Rand C1
C Guru

Post by Rand C1 »

I think an open boat gives a great ride all that volume, wave trains are so fun. I love my Fink, quick & responsive, and when I get flipped I'm up right now. Love your vessel,
Rand
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Hey Kaz, "Ignominious" might be a great name for one of the less-well-known boats in your line, like that Czech thing. I'm still calling mine the Edsel. 'Cause it's withdrawn. 8)
thomsonbytheriver
Pain Boater

Post by thomsonbytheriver »

Do what makes you smile. Nuff said.