Open Boats Occupy the Dryway - June 23rd-24th

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Open Boats Occupy the Dryway - June 23rd-24th

Post by Cheeks »

ALF was an absolute blast, and it would be great to keep the open boating festivities going. So with that, and in keeping with the unorganized nature of ALF, I thought it would be really cool to have an open boating weekend on the Dryway section of the Deerfield, as well as the Fife Brook section for paddlers looking for a more relaxing trip.

In talking with Jim Michaud and other paddlers from the New England area, and not wanting to conflict with festival dates, it seemed that the weekend of June 23rd-24th would work best. This is totally an informal (think Tandemonium) event for open boaters in the surrounding areas to come check out a New England gem and paddle with boaters they might not normally get to boat with, and maybe step it up a bit.

So, June 23rd-24th, Deerfield River, MA. Open Boating Weekend. Let’s get a bunch of canoes on the Deerfield!
Chris Loomis
Shep
CBoats Addict

Re: Open Boats Occupy the Dryway - June 23rd-24th

Post by Shep »

I want video of people surfing Dragon's Tooth!

Sadly, I will not be attending this year. Hopefully 2013! :)
Jim Michaud
CBoats Addict

Post by Jim Michaud »

I'll be there, for sure! :D
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

I could be interested in that. Are there any other good rivers that may be running near the Deerfield that time of year?
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

I'll let Jim and the other locals field that one for sure, but realistically, without rain, and with the lack of snow, not much will be running that isn't coming out of a dam. Jim's the guy that will know for sure.

Mods, could this get stickied?
Chris Loomis
PatrickOC1
C Guru

Post by PatrickOC1 »

sounds like a good time...... whos up for a game of dryway raft frogger? :D (name should be enough to explain rules) :wink: