skirt for extrabat

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bob Wiggins
C Guru

skirt for extrabat

Post by Bob Wiggins »

im not sure if this should be here or in the for sale/want section, but here goes. i just got an extrabat (woohoo!) but have no skirt. im using an old perception lc-1 ez skirt that barely fits, but works for easy water. anyway, i need a new one, and was wondering where i could buy a custom skirt.
Thanks in advance,
Bob
SkeeterGuy86
Select Paddles Sponsored Paddler

Re: skirt for extrabat

Post by SkeeterGuy86 »

http://www.mountainsurf.com/customer_se ... page_id=18" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
SG86

here in the south east god paddles on the left and that's how he made our rivers ~ oc1paddlr

http://select-kayaks.com/en/paddles/canoe-raft/c1/
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

sent them an email. waiting for a reply.
Thanks!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I use a bungee corded Snapdraggon for my Nova, Sith, Viper & Woodie. My guess is you can use the same off the rack skirt for the Extrabat. Just give Sweet Composites a buzz. 301-229-2201 If they don't answer, leave a message & they'll call you back.

Here are the skirts: http://daveyhearn.com/MWP%20Gear/Helmet ... 0mitts.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; I think I got the reinforced slalom model.

Here's Snapdraggon's tube sizing chart: http://snapdragondesign.com/tube-sizing-index/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If they don't have what you need in stock, they'll drop ship it from Snapdraggon to you, saving you time.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Also, contact Davey Hearn at Maximum Whitewater Performance. If anyone knows the cockpit size and skirt requirement for the Extrabat, he will be the best one (something to do with him being one of the model designers :D ). Here is the link:

http://www.daveyhearn.com/

Here is his email:

DaveyHearn@verizon.net

Either he or his wife, Jennifer, will get back in contact with you.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

I don't know how much you see PeakUK gear over your side of the pond, but their C1 slalom decks fit the extrabat quite well of the peg.
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:I don't know how much you see PeakUK gear over your side of the pond, but their C1 slalom decks fit the extrabat quite well of the peg.
we actually see it quite a bit out here. in fact, ill be at a dealer tomorrow for some other stuff- i'll see if they can get one in. i never expected to have this many choices! i guess that's a good problem to have, though. :D
EDIT: just checked their website, and couldn't find the c1 slalom deck. do you happen to have a link, so i know what to ask for?
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

It's listed on the standard deck as one of the many size options...

Here's one on my extrabat:

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

aha! thanks. i'll look into that. it does look like it fits quite well. btw- i like the design! (on your extrabat, that is)
ezwater
C Maven

Post by ezwater »

Bob, you might want to post an approximate location. You might happen to live near an old guy who has excess c-1 skirts lying around in his basement.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Hmmm. Joshua, is your cockpit opening the original standard size, or did the newer larger cockpit opening get put into your Extrabat? Btw, I really like the reticulated yellow/orange pattern! :D The original cockpit is much smaller than what is used currently for slalom. Correct me if I'm wrong (and we all know I never am 8) ), but now-a-days, an Atom/Cascade skirt could fit today's slalom c-1's pretty snugly. These will be too loose on the original slalom cockpits.
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
Bob Wiggins
C Guru

Post by Bob Wiggins »

ok- first of all, i'm near asheville, nc. it does have a very small cockpit- shorter than from my toes to my knees by a few inches. i am using a perception harmony skirt of my dad's, which fits but is loose on the front. i'm pretty sure mine is the original size, considering the previous owner is pretty darn sure it was the same boat used by scott strausbaugh to train for his c2 worlds victory. it looks like his is the same size. thanks again for all the help.
Bob
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

KNeal wrote:Hmmm. Joshua, is your cockpit opening the original standard size, or did the newer larger cockpit opening get put into your Extrabat? Btw, I really like the reticulated yellow/orange pattern! :D The original cockpit is much smaller than what is used currently for slalom. Correct me if I'm wrong (and we all know I never am 8) ), but now-a-days, an Atom/Cascade skirt could fit today's slalom c-1's pretty snugly. These will be too loose on the original slalom cockpits.

It's the original cockpit, the boat was built in '89, and lived as a broken hulk from the early 90's till last year when I ressurected it and added the girraffe* pattern.

My top-deck is absolutely drum tight on newer slalom boats (like the Vadja Nereus I've been racing in recently) but fits snugly on the Extrabat.

FWIW keep meaning to cut a bigger cockpit... but I first need to reattach the nose before next weekend (I'm going to an Old-School rodeo competion, but accidentally dropped the bow onto rock from a great height during "training")

Also, If you do go for Peak but have to order it specially, then you can get custom printing now too!

*If you're wondering why a giraffe; I'm dyspraxic and thus rather uncoordinated doing everyday things, after someone compared my gait to that of a baby giraffe & the name stuck... also left un-touched hair grows two tufts from the crown of my head, only furthering the similarity

Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

I tried an Extrabat before I bought Adam's Viper, and at 6'4" I was just too long. I could get in after some wriggling but my knees were pushed to the center. I love the looks though.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Kelly-Rand wrote:I tried an Extrabat before I bought Adam's Viper, and at 6'4" I was just too long. I could get in after some wriggling but my knees were pushed to the center. I love the looks though.
That's it in a nutshell for me, though as the boat was free I took it all the same.