H2O-C1 Team Paddle

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

milkman
C Maven

H2O-C1 Team Paddle

Post by milkman »

Has anyone used or tried the H2O-C1 Team paddle. I can't tell from the photos on the website, but it says the blade has a "concave profile edge." I'm wondering if this means the blade is spoon-shaped--a prerequisite for me in considering a paddle.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: H2O-C1 Team Paddle

Post by sbroam »

I have tried one of these and the shape is kind of complex - the edges have those concave cut outs and, if I recall correctly, it is spooned. A local shop has the one I tried and I can refresh my memory and try taking some pictures some time next week.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

i've got one. it is curved but not spooned. I don't think i've ever seen a spooned canoe paddle.
Larry
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

We call curved-bladed paddles out here in Oregon "spooned". It always mystifies me when a paddle manufacturer doesn't provide on their website a picture of the blade that shows whether straight or curved, and if curved, how much. It's the first thing I look for.
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

i lost mine pretty fast, but it was my favorite c1 paddle i've had. (also had both carbon and fiber bandit, not-team H20, mitchell, rough stuff, and galasport)

ugly, but has nice feel. i like that shorter, wider blade, too. and yes, it's spooned. or curved i guess since a spoon is what some folks use to get some fiber back in their diet when they are grumpy. :wink: or not getting to boat much maybe?
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

ha!

milkman, the blade shape works really well. as does the bright green color if you ever become detached from it. I guess some people don't care for the flex in the blade. when i first got mine, I thought it was kind of cheesy but I got over that the first time i used it. i'm on my second one. first one is down in davey jones' locker.
If you buy it and don't like it, sell it to me (if the length is 57"-58")
Larry
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

I started to get interested in the H2O until I checked with my local dealer. They're telling me that the shipping cost to get one to Portland, Oregon would be $90 since it's a special order and they don't plan to order more H2O kayak paddles any time soon for me to piggyback my order with. It would appear they're switching to Core. I got to talk with one of the Core guys at the store and he told me that Core has solved some of the original problems with the canoe paddles and their suppliers and will be shipping paddles soon. The Core kayak paddles are already in the store.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I got my h2o through boatwerks. I don't recall paying 90 bucks to ship, but I know it was not a cheap paddle.

well that's good to hear about core, maybe we'll get ours that we ordered back in...may? of course steve was saying they would be shipping "soon" back then too.
core is by the same guy that developed h2o.
Larry
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Steve designed waterstik too. You'll be thankful of the changes, I've destroyed and rebuilt mine completely. On second blade. I haven't seen the new and improved model but they did ask for the design of the tgrip I made to replace the original junk tgrip.
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Milkman, I think a friend of ours in Vancouver is carrying H2Pro paddles (not sure which ones if there's different models?), so maybe Heather could bring you one down to buy or demo?

Pat.

http://middletonsboats.com/index.php?id=6