C1 Freestyle Resources

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

atcq
C Boater

C1 Freestyle Resources

Post by atcq »

Hey all,
I've been reading up on Liskahon's site (c1freestyle.blogspot.com) and it's been immensely helpful with my tentative progression into freestyle/rodeo C1. However the site seems to have ground to a halt in terms of new content, I was just wondering if anyone had any resources they've been using to help them progress in freestyle/rodeo specifically. Is the best option just to start up a new topic and poll this forum if I'm running into any walls haha?
Thanks!
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Lost the link but Rodeoclown had a video quite some time ago that was very interesting. Although meant for kayaks, the basics were the same. Maybe if he can re-post it here that would be nice (to me at least!)

But no, alas, I never saw another site so far specifically dedicated to C1 freestyle apart from the one you mentionned,.. :(
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Remedial Hole Surfing:
http://www.vimeo.com/4287708
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

Playak.com has a few videos of c1 stuff. Flat spins, cartwheels, etc.
In a canoe you don't just float down a river: you're part of it- a silent water creature responsive to every surge and flex of current, gliding like a fingertip over a naked green body. "The River Why" David James Duncan
atcq
C Boater

Post by atcq »

Thanks guys, appreciate the links and ideas. I guess I never gave quite enough credence to how much of a niche sport C1 is, suppose that's one of the reasons I love it. I think I read on this thread once that people had used K1 playboating instructional videos with good results, maybe EJ will come out with a C1 freestyle series now that he's into the C1 outfitting business haha
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

Seems like EJ is a pretty good businessman, or has some on his team. I wouldn't think he could sell it like his rolling video, but maybe some free vids on the Jackson website to drum up business... (Are you listening EJ?!?) :wink:

Shep