Replacing Bell Outraged

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ESP
C Guru

Replacing Bell Outraged

Post by ESP »

At some point in the future I will need to replace my Bell Outraged. With Bell Canoes status in mind I attempted to contact Tom Foster via e-mail on his website. It was returned and no one answers the phone number on the site. Does anyone know if he still teaches and how to get ahold of him? I would like to find out if another mould was made and get permission to have another boat made or worse case scenario get permission to make my own mould and pay him royalties.
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

Isn't the Royalex Outrage made by Mad River Canoes these days. You could contact them or better yet contract a dealer like Blue Mountain Outfitters and see if they can make it work for you. I don't see why Mad River couldn't make one for you out of Kevlar or whatever composites they work with on some of the other models.
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Outraged is the composite version, not royalex.
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

Yeah, I know, but its the same boat as the Outrage, and the mold is now at Mad River Canoes, is my point. Or at least I think.
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

Actually, Tom Foster tweaked the MR Outrage design and went to Bell after MR was unable to make him a carbonkevlar boat for competition. When I put the boats side by side the differences become apparent. The Outraged is a much more responsive boat.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Ed, I realize this post is not about your original topic, but just letting you know that I am working on the new plug for the Rumba right now. Hope to mold it in October.

Jkaz