C1 playboat choices, Help!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hankrankin
C Guru

C1 playboat choices, Help!

Post by hankrankin »

Got a couple choices I'm looking at for a new playboat and I am wondering what other people's opinions are, im looking at a LL vision, space cadet, or pyranha 420. I currently paddle a LL pop, so I like the idea of having a similair but shorter boat (space cadet), and coul probably just take the outfitting from one and put it in the other with out too much work. Any input is greatly appreciated, thanks. Oh and I spend more time in holes than on waves thanks
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

I have a SpaceCadet and like it. I'm not a great playboater and really just have it for the surfwave next to my campus.

It surfs and spins well on the little wave I frequent. Seems to run things ok if that is concern. I can also get the bow down in flat water pretty easily, though cartwheels are out of my grasp for now. The boat is a fun, bouncy surf on waves.... One thing I have heard is that the boat has a little too much central volume to cartwheel well, it supposedly starts going too fast while throwing ends and then you lose control and fall over. Like I said, I've never thrown cartwheels in my life so that is just what i've heard.

Markzak has one as well I think... He probably has more saddle time in his than I have in mine.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
hankrankin
C Guru

Post by hankrankin »

I am 5'10 and 155 btw
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

I'd stay away from the 420
hankrankin
C Guru

Post by hankrankin »

xmas0c1c1k1 wrote:I'd stay away from the 420

Why is that?
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

hankrankin wrote:I am 5'10 and 155 btw
I'm 6'1" and a little, and about 165ish dressed to boat, fwiw.
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

I had one and didn't think it was that good of a boat. Good on waves not great in holes pretty hard to cartwheel.