Foot"pegs"

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hammerhead
C Guru

Foot"pegs"

Post by hammerhead »

I need help placing some toe blocks in my creek boat. The situation is that I use the boat mostly as a big, cold water boat. When I occasionally paddle in warmer weather w/out the layering, fit becomes an issue. The looseness is causing some blown rolls & whatnot. Was looking for some suggestions regarding a flex toe block set-up.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

open boat or c1?
you said creek boat which makes me think it's a c1
but you also said toe blocks which is 95% an open boat thing.
one thing I'm sure of is it's a bulkhead :)
Larry
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

I have those adjustable toe blocks, and for me the jury is still out. I put them in partly for that reason of having different layers and also wanting to have my feet in different positions, but the one thing I have found is that I can't get rock solid against them like I can against pegs. They are definitely more comfortable than pegs, but it was hard as I was trying to roll the boat this weekend and I couldn't get snug against them. I still have to tweak some other parts of my outfitting, so hopefully when I change my strap configuration and knee pads, it will be more bomber. We'll see.
Chris Loomis
creek1r
Pain Boater

toe blocks

Post by creek1r »

In my BigGun C-1 I have 1" high X 3" wide minicell blocks faced with neoprene. These are positioned against the side of the saddle so my toes BARELY touch. When I flip I dont slide back. To release, it is easy to slide toes to the sides or over top of blocks. Cheap and effective, no pressure on feet.
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

What's your current setup? a picture maybe? Is a flex toe setup, a soft block to push against and under... or perhaps one that you flex feet back to push upon?
    ^~^~^ different strokes ~ for different folks ^~^~^
    hammerhead
    C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

Larry, It's a Drago Rossi Critical Mass conversion to a C-1 w/ a Dagger pedestal/bulkhead. All's good there(or @ least OK). The challenge is having some kind of flex for changing seasons. Peace..HH
    Larry Horne
    C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I hear some people can use toe blocks in a c1. I tried it a long time ago, but it didn't work at all for me. With a 5 1/2" saddle, my feet and ankles are flat on the hull and pointing all the way back. So I realistically can't push against anything.

You have the base there for an excellent strap setup that would solve your problem. :wink:
    Larry
    philcanoe
    C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

Can up cap or cover over the existing toe setup... so as create a modifiable cold-warm weather setup. This would allow you to remain the same bulkhead location.
      ^~^~^ different strokes ~ for different folks ^~^~^
      hammerhead
      C Guru

Post by hammerhead »

Smurf, Think I'll give the foot 'stirrups' a shot, looks like it'll work. Thanks&Peace...HH