Tandemonium 2011

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Pick a darn-nabet date....

Poll ended at Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:19 pm

July 9/10
11%
July 16/17
17%
July 23/24
50%
July 30/31
6%
Aug 6/7
17%

Total votes: 18

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Tandemonium 2011

Post by PAC »

Well?
Last edited by PAC on Tue May 31, 2011 4:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Yes please!

I wanted to go last summer but I had a business trip to Cali. I'm not missing it this summer.
Chris Loomis
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

lets do it! where's not elvis???
Joe
kabuki_blaze
C Guru

Post by kabuki_blaze »

We are in!..it was a good time last year! Need to find a better camping spot though....Are there potential dates yet?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

As for dates... that is fair game.. last year was Aug I think.. what works for folks?

Who is the coordinator for this years event (Not a peep from "Not Elvis"... maybe he has a mistress! LOL )? Riverscout can you check point with Jay?
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Riverscout
C Boater

Post by Riverscout »

I spoke with J. (Not Elvis) briefly last week on this subjuct. No decisions were made but Xander and myself are certainly in for a tandem run this summer. Sundays are always best for me because I don't have to take a day off work but in this case I will make the trip on a Saturday if needed for the sake of the boy :lol: He keeps asking me when we are going to Cucumber Falls again!!! I will let J. know that this topic is live on the board and maybe he will chime in?
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

Riverscout wrote:I spoke with J. (Not Elvis) briefly last week on this subjuct. No decisions were made but Xander and myself are certainly in for a tandem run this summer. Sundays are always best for me because I don't have to take a day off work but in this case I will make the trip on a Saturday if needed for the sake of the boy :lol: He keeps asking me when we are going to Cucumber Falls again!!! I will let J. know that this topic is live on the board and maybe he will chime in?
Tell him if he doesnt, he has to lead me down the UY again. :)
Proud Yankee
bruce
C Boater

tandemonium

Post by bruce »

Jw and I are really up for it 'cause we missed it last year. Any weekend
but July 2-4,Aug 13-14.
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

Well July 24th might be a possibility for me. I'll be down in DC on Saturday the 23rd.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

First weekend of August would be pretty cool. That way it wouldn't conflict with Black River Fest and Deerfield Fest or Falls Fest.
Chris Loomis
Kelly-Rand
CBoats Addict

Post by Kelly-Rand »

So just bumping this up because I need to make plans.
Jim KR

"with single blade in hand
a C-1 I will stand"
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

If I am off with the airlines I'm in. The bigger the lead time the better for bidding purposes.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

pac knocks on screen then quitely starts to whistle...waiting to hear back from Jay "Not Elivis"!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
kabuki_blaze
C Guru

Post by kabuki_blaze »

I am fine with most any dates, as long as I have enough lead time..
Not Elvis
C Guru

OK, OK I am Here

Post by Not Elvis »

Everybody take a valium and a beer! You all need to calm down!

I got a lot of schyt going on, so I haven't been checking in, if it was not obvious by my absence at the Armada.

Anyway--what is the holdup? What's the date? Please tell me that I am not the one making the hard choices here...

I propose a weekend sometime in July, which should put me done with my stuph, and give everybody sufficient leadtime to get their desired flight plans, Magic 8-balls, and partners lined up. Though I should clarify not the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd, unless that is best for everybody, but I would think the Lower will be a zoo, both for passes as well as crowds.

I can go any weekend starting 2-3 July. Beyond that, somebody take lead, as I am just not in a spot to keep up with the day-to-day, hour-to-hour of this developing trip.

By the by--it will be 31.5 degrees in Hades before I will show Tony-B-swimmin' down the Upper, even if he does have an Smerda Babysitterboat. I am not sure I would want to go, let alone with him, Forrest, Al or Dundee from Ohio. One day in a boat (and swam, too) since Tohickon last fall does not a good paddler make.

J.

If any of you need quick response or feedback from me, you'd be smarter to email me or call my cellphone. That goes for the Canadian photographers, too--I don't do Facebook or Twitter.

j.robbins@boatmanandmagnani(remove this).com
240 three seven five 9 zero 4 zero