Next Boat Recommendations

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Brewbeer
C Boater

Post by Brewbeer »

Thank you gurus.

I checked out the Bull Dog info. Seems like a really nice boat, but it’s a grand more than the Viper, which is practically the cost of another boat.

I think some sort of summer armada up on the Deerfield is a wonderful idea ! There are two sections that have regular summer releases, a class II/III section and a class III/IV section. Lots of camping (some free) nearby in southern Vermont.

I posted on NPMB; hopefully some has one nearby !!

Thanks again. --=--Ed.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Sounds good - if someone organizes it, I'll likely appear:) I don't know the Deerfield or well enough to be the sole organizer (never paddled it!).

Back to the thread drift... boats and molds and such. Many (not all, but many) of the "borrowed" boats that were then modified were done with the original designers permission - a perfect example is the Aerobat, Edge, and Acrobat the Peter Zurfleih designed - each one was with Davey Hearn's permission to use one of his slalom designs as a starting point.
Keep the C!
Adam
Brewbeer
C Boater

Post by Brewbeer »

Hey gurus, thanks again for all your help on this, and a special thanks to tenzing for letting me test paddle your Viper 11 up on the Deerfield last month. Hope you enjoyed the brew.

I’ve got a line on a Viper 11. Owner reports that he purchased the boat earlier this year new from Mohawk and paddled it once on the Sacandaga. Some scratches and scuffs on bottom of hull. Set up with saddle, single lap belt, adjustable foot braces, kneeling pads, foot pads and ankle blocks. Includes new airbags. Air bag lacing is installed with holes drilled through the hull. Is this the standard factory set-up? Any thoughts on what a reasonable price range for this boat would be? Thanks. --=--Ed.
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Yes This is the factory set-up go check out mohawkcanoes.com and you can get the price and all the info about the boat.
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
Cheeks
CBoats Addict

Post by Cheeks »

Hey Brewbeer!

The beer was awesome, thanks again! Seriously, if this guy ever asks for a favor, its worth it to do it for him.

Judging the price is kind of hard because the boats are cheap to begin with (I think I paid about 850 plus shipping for a hull w/ no outfitting)

If its in good shape, with the outfitting and the bags, I'd say 800-1000 depending on condition and how much you can haggle him down.
Chris Loomis
Brewbeer
C Boater

Post by Brewbeer »

Gurus,

I picked up the Viper 11 this morning. My first impression is that it is at least 10 or 15 pounds lighter than the nitro. I’ll be heading out for my inaugural run as soon as the rivers come back down from hurricane flood stage (I’m gonna stick with the nitro for this storm).

Thanks again for everyone’s input. You folks are the best ! --=--Ed.