Mohawk Rodeo

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

avlclimber
C Guru

Mohawk Rodeo

Post by avlclimber »

I can find very little information about how this boat paddles. Any satisfied owners out there?

How does it function as a primary boat for class II-IV river running, eddy hopping, and surfing/playing little river features along the way?

any comparisons to other boats? Probe? Viper? etc?

--Z
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

i think it is basically a shorter viper. Someone might have more to say about it though
Lappie
C Guru

Post by Lappie »

YTcanoe would be a good one to ask, he had one and realy liked it!!
I think it doesn't have a hard chines as the vipers, maybe an inbetween of the vippers and probe?!?!
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

Gumpy really likes his rodeo. Hopefully he will see this and pipe in.
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Maybe even 2openboat1 (Richard from Mohawk) will chime in with some sage advise. He'd be the one I would ask
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

I really like mine, though I paddle mostly shorter boats, so I consider it to be a fast-ish river runner. Round enough inthe middle to turn easily on a wave without carving off, and fast enough to hit some slalom moves. Mine is shaved down at the ends to ender more easily. It's very light and looks super sexy in wood gunnels, bagged out. I've bought and sold a lot of boats, but the rodeo I'm keepin.
Joe
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

The rodeo is a viper 11 that has had a foot cut out of it. It does have pretty soft chines. Instead of using the edges to turn it uses it rocker. It is pretty fast pretty dry and a lot of fun ask any specific question you have
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Btw I have spent very little time in one I prefer the Maxim but the people who like it love it it is a good down river play boat and a great play boat
Richard Guin
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

when I paddled gumpys rodeo last fall I paddled the detonator the same or next day one weekend. I way prefered the rodeo over the Det for the performance of carving in and out moves.
chriscanoe
Pain Boater

Post by chriscanoe »

Richard, how difficult would it br to add about 2 inches height to the bow and stern of the Rodeo? It seemslike that would make it a drier boat, thus making it better fr creeking and big water. How does the stability compare to a Viper 11? I looked real hard at the Rodeo prior to buying my Viper 11.
PBR ME ASAP!!
TonyB
CBoats Addict

Post by TonyB »

2opnboat1 wrote:The rodeo is a viper 11 that has had a foot cut out of it. It does have pretty soft chines. Instead of using the edges to turn it uses it rocker. It is pretty fast pretty dry and a lot of fun ask any specific question you have
Then how come they refer to it as a Probe 10 on the website?

Had an opportunity to buy one cheap years ago when I was paddling a ME, thought it too short "HA!" love to have one now a light for them carry-out places.
got all heavy boats right now, wish I had a nice light one being as wount be able to carry my boat for a few months with this broken ankle
Proud Yankee
jatakasawa
C Guru

Tony.....

Post by jatakasawa »

I thought the L'edge hovered over the paddler on a portage?

BADUMP-TISK! 8)

Are we still doing these jokes?
Chester the Brace Monkey.
ESP
C Guru

Post by ESP »

With that bad joke I guess you get to carry his boat till the ankle gets better :lol:
2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

Tony B basically when the foot was cut out it took out all of the hard chines of the viper 11, which already has softer chines then the viper 12. When the boat lost length it lost its hard chines. So now it depends rocker instead of chine to turn.
Richard Guin