Playboat Opinions

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

hankrankin
C Guru

Playboat Opinions

Post by hankrankin »

Im on a playboating rampage at this current time, i paddle a Liquid Logic Pop conversion, But it is starting to get beat up and so im keeping my eyes open for good playboats to convert in the future. any opinions? I'd love to try out a black fly, anybody paddled the blackfly compared to a conversion? anybody in southeast got a black fly they wanna let my try out at eternity hole or something?
markzak
CBoats Addict

Post by markzak »

You should definitely try out a Blackfly. I paddle a C1 LL Space Cadet. I got it cheap from a kayaker ($300) and its been a great conversion.

In my opinion, the Blackfly performs in every way that you would expect a short OC1 playboat to perform. It sits in the water and feels like a short playboat. It spins on a dime in a hole, is very comfortable to side surf and it maintains its bounce in a hole even when full of water.

That was my favorite part of the Blackfly, being able to still playboat when full of water versus just being along for the ride.

TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

+1 for the space cadet as a sweet conversion. Just picked on up this weekend and it is a blast!

I'd also love to take a blackfly for a spin sometime. Skirts just kill my image. :wink:
-Anthony

"I'm gonna run this one river left I think.... So far river left, that I'm gonna be on the bank. With my boat on my shoulder."
lagow8
Pain Boater

Post by lagow8 »

I paddled a Space Cadet for awhile and then it was stolen. I picked up a fluid flirt for super cheap and I love it. Paddles down river well and is a lot more predictable than the Space cadet.
Pierre LaPaddelle
CBoats Addict

Post by Pierre LaPaddelle »

markzak wrote:You should definitely try out a Blackfly. In my opinion, the Blackfly performs in every way that you would expect a short OC1 playboat to perform.
Great pic, Mark, and good comments.

Am wondering if you have (or anyone else has) any experience with the other OC playboats -- CU Fly, Salsa. . . Would love to hear more comparisons.

Thanks
Rick
C'est l'aviron. . . !