Mohawk team?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Mohawk team?

Post by Longboatin »

Dang...so what is it now two team members, two losses of major equip?

Foolgnar did ya git yer boat back? Should i be lookin down the Mon in a day er so? :roll:
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Tom is heading out tomorrow to retrieve the boat. Its been found and is tucked away for him to hike to and get.
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

so, what is the story?
In a canoe you don't just float down a river: you're part of it- a silent water creature responsive to every surge and flex of current, gliding like a fingertip over a naked green body. "The River Why" David James Duncan
ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

2opnboat1
Mohawk Canoes

Post by 2opnboat1 »

longboat dont be a hater just because you have to use a barge dont hate on Alex and Tom lolo
Richard Guin
Lazy good for nothing slacker
coloradopaddler
C Guru

Post by coloradopaddler »

thanks for the link. nice page and story tommy, hope you get your boat back.
In a canoe you don't just float down a river: you're part of it- a silent water creature responsive to every surge and flex of current, gliding like a fingertip over a naked green body. "The River Why" David James Duncan
iRolled
BlackFly Canoes

Post by iRolled »

Thou shalt not hate.
Team Blackfly
http://www.blackflycanoes.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.astraldesigns.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.immersionresearch.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I'm just hoping his shoulder will recover before ALF....
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Creeker
CBoats Addict

Post by Creeker »

Groundhog day again Longboatin?

@CO, I've got nothing for ya on details of the boat getting away; read tom's reports on Fullgnarlz.com. I will paint the day in saying that I've never felt pressure to survive a run like last Friday.
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

and the moral of the story is...

http://kayakmind.com/profiles/blog/show ... ost%3A4001

never paddle with Bobby Miller :lol:
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

who me?

Post by Longboatin »

Hey you da guys puttin therself out there, I just the one askin the tough questions, apparently.

Anyway, what wrong wid laughin at rookies losen their shid? And i really did wonder about the boat. So hatin? Seem to me those gettin short over a joke an a question might be.
And ok maybe it was me, ya know jealous of the next big thing, stuck in the past, confused. I admit, I gave it some thought, new boat designs, creekin, the fg nation. Maybe its time to step it up, I was unsure.
But now I unnerstand...if goin foolgnar mean boatin over yer head in dangerous weather condition, very cold water condtion, late start long run. Dang about the most fullgnar thing about the expedition was the decision making. Positively rocky
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

"Anyway, what wrong wid laughin at rookies losen their shid? And i really did wonder about the boat. So hatin? Seem to me those gettin short over a joke an a question might be. "

I dont see you hatin. I got you. I sure do miss her(maxim) sitting next to me in my living room. All should be good by Saturday.

5 Hr drive there, 5 mile hike in, 5 mile hike out. 5 hr drive home.

HOPEFULLY...we can find a way to use the 4-wheeler. that would make things easier, and more fun.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
FullGnarlzOC
C Maven

Post by FullGnarlzOC »

"But now I unnerstand...if goin foolgnar mean boatin over yer head in dangerous weather condition, very cold water condtion, late start long run. Dang about the most fullgnar thing about the expedition was the decision making. Positively rocky"

As for the decision making - Neither Wayne nor I were running the show, and I dont suspect things would have been any different if we were. The funny part is - we almost didn't put-on Otter because the flow was too low at the take out. BOY did that change... And I really couldn't tell you how it happened. The rain stopped a good 24 hrs before, and it was snowing. Meaning, no snow melt. YET...the water raged.

If you ask me (I was there) the decision making right where it should have been. Our best chances of getting out by dark was to paddle. And besides...us 'gnar' boaters... live for that stuff.

"Dang...so what is it now two team members, two losses of major equip? "

At least you know team Mohawk is pushing it, and putting in a valiant effort to help drive the sport. Getting ourselves in situations, so you don't have to.
http://www.gnarlzoutdoors.com
Silverbirch Canoes - North American Distributor
Email: tom@gnarlzoutdoors.com
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Glad you had an adventure, learned a bit, and are OK.

Have fun and be safe... you're getting the level of "may be killed" instead of "may be hurt" is a real question on more drops.
Keep the C!
Adam