L'Edge nondecked?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

pdown2
C Guru

L'Edge nondecked?

Post by pdown2 »

Where can you get a nondecked L'Edge with the wood gunnels?
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

I believe Kaz from millbrook boats has one for sale.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Yesterday Appomattox River Company had one (and three decked). Their price on the open version is $1800, no tax if shipped out of state. Shipping terminal to terminal on Old Dominion is $90 anywhere east of the Mississippi.
mattbcha
C Boater

Post by mattbcha »

i just ordered one from appatomax. details just as jack stated. comes in monday. cheoah bound!
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Got my decked Ledge from Appomattox for $1500 FYI. Great deal and nice people to deal with.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

The L'edge with ash gunwales retails for $2,002. I can't believe that a retailer is already selling the L'edge heavily discounted! That's an insult to the retailers selling them at full price. I wonder if Jacques knows about this.

Jkaz
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

I wouldn't say that a 10% discount is "heavily discounted". Most retailers in the SE offer 10% off retail to paddle club members.
Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Post by Yukon »

10% is not a bg amount off, and that is awful nice to offer such a discount off of boats to club members. There is not lots of margin on canoes. One big drawback of the internet is people can shop around and find prices so much easier and actually then pit different retailers against each other. It is a very sharp double edged sword. But it is human nature to find a deal and once you do to brag or share details about the deal you just found. At the end of the day be careful what u wish for, boat shops that dont have a return on investment close down or dont bring in specialized boats and next thing you know they are goooone and now u have to drive far to the next shop.

Not an easy job being a retailer. Not to slight Kaz in any shape or form, do you want someone else to tell you the exact price you have to sell an item for? A discount comes out of the pocket of the retailer not the manufacture. Manufactures have a suggested retail so all our working on the same price, yet not every retailer gets the same price. You buy more boats u get boats cheaper.

Boaters be careful about sharing the news of your deal publicly it can create tension and conflict in the industry that at the end of the day will probably only hurt the industry.

The internet is already very hard on some retailers.
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Yukon; at the end of the day I don't think honesty and transparency is ever harmful.
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

All's I'm saying is that I can't compete with Appomatox selling the L'edge for $1500 when I'm selling it for $2002. That's slightly more than the 10% discount you speak of.

respectfully,
JKaz
Shep
CBoats Addict

Post by Shep »

There was a subtle change of subject... The $1500 ledge was the decked version, the open one was for $1800...

HTH,
Shep
taoslightning
c

Post by taoslightning »

Insurance? S--t! I never been insured in my life! I don't believe in insurance. There's no risk.

------ Lewis
taoslightning
c

Post by taoslightning »

Insurance? S--t! I never been insured in my life! I don't believe in insurance. There's no risk.

------ Lewis
cheajack
CBoats Addict

Post by cheajack »

Kaz; As Shep has pointed out, the $1500 price you quote is for the decked model. The open version which was asked about in the original post is $1800. That is a 10% discount unless basic math has changed. You do try to compete for price advantage in some way as in every boat for sale you post you make mention that there is no sales tax in New Hampshire. It is a free market capitalist economy in which we live and thrive. If someones business practices fail to make a profit that sustains them, they will eventually go out of business. That is as it should be. I know of few people who view over regulation either by government or manufacturers as a good thing.
VAnate
C Boater

Post by VAnate »

Tom and all the people at ARC are great and pretty much the only store in my area that supports open boating. I don't think you should bad mouth them for offering a quality price. I also don't think our canadian friends will be mad at him for selling their boats. The more they sell the more they can buy more from them allowing them to turn a profit quickly. Possibly letting them sell the boats cheaper giving everyone a better price in the future. That's what I'm hoping for because they quoted me an awesome price but I still couldn't afford it.