L'Edge nondecked?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ian123
CBoats Addict

Post by ian123 »

Lewis,
That looks like a really nice job. In hindsight, was 150- worth all the work and aggravation??? Would you do it again??
mattbcha
C Boater

Post by mattbcha »

In all fairness I first asked the folks at NOC about a L'edge. I was told they couldnt or wouldnt get any until March. Im sorry, but if you are offering the same product for $200 cheaper, will ship it to me, and have it available right now....
For the record, i wholeheartedly support the NOC, and have always had great dealings with them.

matt hagan
taoslightning
c

Post by taoslightning »

ian123 wrote:Lewis,
That looks like a really nice job. In hindsight, was 150- worth all the work and aggravation??? Would you do it again??

Thanks for the compliment on the boat. It was an involved process but quite simple in method. Four hands would have made things a whole lot easier than my two. It's really MY boat now, I OWN it. I'm happy with it. I learned quite a bit. I might do it again, it might be a long winter.
Insurance? S--t! I never been insured in my life! I don't believe in insurance. There's no risk.

------ Lewis
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Looks good. What size wood did you use? 3/4"x3/4"? How much lower are your gunnels now? Does anyone know (cough Craig Cough) if Esquif will sell the original sticker set?
Todhunter
Ridge Spirit Outfitting

Post by Todhunter »

Smurfwarrior wrote:Does anyone know (cough Craig Cough) if Esquif will sell the original sticker set?
Good question - my stickers are already trashed!
taoslightning
c

Post by taoslightning »

Decals of Hawaii sells cool "paddle man" stickers - that's what I have on my boat - those are copied from ancient petroglyphs on the Big Island. I've sent emails to esquif regarding decals - they never responded. You can get those little "esquif.com" stickers easily, or the "aero-dramatic" red swoosh version that's an inch longer, from dealers. I prefer the "paddle man" though - definitely cooler.
Insurance? S--t! I never been insured in my life! I don't believe in insurance. There's no risk.

------ Lewis