.... calling all slalom gurus

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

I'm pretty sure that I'm paddling a SuperBat in this 1987 video. Not much bow...
Bob P
edg
C Guru

cut down boats

Post by edg »

Larry- I have not heard of anyone cutting the middle out of a boat, but I have heard of several people splitting a boat lengthwise and either adding or removing material to get the result they wanted (wider or narrower hull), so I assumed it was possible. In my current boat I can get the tail under OK, but I'd love to be able to blast out a huge, almost vertical sky pivot in certain places. (And 'cause its fun!)...edg
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

Thanks Tom, that stuff is good to know.
I don't know if I need another project right now. I have my hands full on a top secret mission. :wink:
Larry
Bob P
CBoats Addict

Post by Bob P »

Back in the 80's, I took a junk Ultramax and cut 5" out of the seam line. Terrible boat. :o Had just enough volume to float my 145lbs. But, boy would it squirt: Bow, stern, and every other variation. Sometimes involuntary. Running water more difficult than Class 2 was scary, since the boat was under water as much as it was on top...
Bob P