The Taureau that Craig modified

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

BigMike
C Guru

The Taureau that Craig modified

Post by BigMike »

with a lip for a skirt etc. I've been searching til my fingers bleed but am damned if I can find it. Does anyone have a link by any chance?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

You wanna buy it? :P
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
TheKrikkitWars
CBoats.net Staff

Post by TheKrikkitWars »

Is this related to Kelvin wondering whether it was pointless his taureau being open?
Joshua Kelly - "More George Smiley than James Bond"

CBoats Moderator - Not necessarily representing the CBoats staff though...(I'll use words like "moderator", "We" and "CBoats" to make it clear when I am)
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

TheKrikkitWars wrote:Is this related to Kelvin wondering whether it was pointless his taureau being open?
nope.

Cheers Pac

Craig, no thanks, I have one ;-)
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

Craig Smerda wrote:You wanna buy it? :P
Actually Craig, out of interest, would you be interested making 2 of these? Just pondering
Craig Smerda
L'Edge Designer

Post by Craig Smerda »

BigMike wrote:
Craig Smerda wrote:You wanna buy it? :P
Actually Craig, out of interest, would you be interested making 2 of these? Just pondering
If I'd paid myself $1 an hour during the process of making mine... it'd be the most expensive cockpit rim EVER!!! :lol:
(Plus the fact that I had to have a one-off custom $kirt made)

Free advise... cut out the rim out of an old kayak... then glue and screw it down. The only reason I went through so much work was that the "hole" was already cut out when I recieved the boat.

Maybe AJ or someone with a "factory rim" can take some pictures of his/theirs... it's a rim from a Riot kayak that they didn't use on one of their models. Pretty simple really if the "hole" hasn't been cut yet.

Are you thinking of trying this on a Force? If so... get a rim... then cut the hole.
Esquif Canoes Paddler-Designer-Shape Shifter
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

I just happen to have the rim from a Riot Astro laying around doing nothing.... :o

Your welcome to it..

Chris
BigMike
C Guru

Post by BigMike »

Cheers Chris, that would be fantastic. Will PM you.

Thanks every one else, esp. Craig for the tips.
dwinchester
Pain Boater

So Craig

Post by dwinchester »

Is your Taureau for sale then?
Berkshire Jack
Pain Boater

Taureau for sale

Post by Berkshire Jack »

My Taureau has a factory equipped cockpit rim - which makes it a big creeker C1. I was planning to put it up for sale for $900 at the end of this spring without the skirt. Bought it new in Aug 2007 for $1500. Wanted to get a few more runs out of it before letting it go, but since there seems to be some willing buyers I will let it go earlier. I did some modifications to the bulkhead to suit my needs, but they are all easily reversible. Normal amount of scratches. No dents or cracks.
PM me and I will email some photos. I am located in Western Mass and will do about an hour and a half of driving to meet somebody half way.
Jack
C1-er
Smurfwarrior
C Maven

Post by Smurfwarrior »

Wetnobby- That pic of the Roit has me going crosseyed trying to figure out how in the heck you made that... can ya please talk about that project a bit.
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »