Who is boatin where in the country

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Who is boatin where in the country

Post by Louie »

So where is boatin still goin on? I know WNC, Tenn, North Ga and Alabama. Is Ky, Va. and WVa still have people boatin? Pacific northwest? It has to be too cold in New England, and Canada right? Rocky and is there any whitewater far enought south in Cali?Too bad we can't all be in Mexico or South America. GDI has gone for the last six day somewhere around here anyone gettin out?
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

pa still ice-free and beautiful. got out yesterday, almost everything was running due to the rain melting all that snow, but the water was a little chilly.
Joe
Roger
C Guru

Post by Roger »

All the lucky duckies got started on the 23rd here in Arkansas and we still got good water in the bigger drainages. Nothing big but a day on the river.

Me, I've been traveling. :(
mattm
C Guru

Post by mattm »

well, this was us in Connecticut yesterday. I got out 3 times in 4 days. Christmas is a paddling tradition.
http://picasaweb.google.com/TommyC1Tayl ... 8084270514

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow ... Position=1

I'm the guy standing in some shots and hangin' on in another :roll:

Big snow melt, ice letting loose day yesterday. Dropping back to upper 20's-low 30's but we're planning for next weekend already.
Last edited by mattm on Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
so glad for Krylon, ABS and acetone.Squirt, sail, paddle and pole.
Mr.DeadLegs
CBoats Addict

Post by Mr.DeadLegs »

GreyBear showed us how it is done in the Upper Hooch. Nice day mid 40s yesterday.
"Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to slide in sideways totally worn out, shouting "Holy large steaming pile of dog doo what a Ride" " Nolan Whitesell
malone
Pain Boater

Post by malone »

mattm wrote:well, this was us in Connecticut yesterday
http://picasaweb.google.com/TommyC1Tayl ... 8084270514

http://community.webshots.com/slideshow ... Position=1

I'm the guy standing in some shots and hangin' on in another :roll:

Big snow melt, ice letting loose day yesterday. Dropping back to upper 20's-low 30's but we're planning for next weekend already.
Nice Pole... :lol:
Go Big...
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

mattm wrote:... ice letting loose day yesterday. ...
*Ice* belongs in a *glass*! We hit our local, Columbia, SC, run today, used pogies but didn't really need them - all that snow melt and rain up in the mountains (plus our own 4" of rain) made for a nice day.
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

I'm in CT for the holidays, and went boating two days ago. The creeks are still running. C1s outnumbered the kayaks, too, on Saturday!

Went skiing at Killington today though. Fun!

Alden
TNbound
CBoats Addict

Post by TNbound »

Most stuff up here in Maine is frozen up... But our 45 degree two day stretch made me think of getting out and looking for anything thawed enough to paddle... If only the dry suit wasn't busted. :-?
Louie

Post by Louie »

COOL I had no idea that many people could still get out.
gk
c

Post by gk »

Paddled Elora Gorge yesterday in southern Ontario. Lower levels, a bit cold, -7C with some wind, but ice free, except for the beautiful ice formations on the sides of the gorge. Fun couple hours.
bambam
C Guru

Post by bambam »

Snow paddle on Passage Creek Saturday and upper Tye River on Sunday, both in the mountains of Virginia.

Oh, and if it makes you feel better, Louie, Saturday was two OC-1 to one K-1. Would have been three OC-1's 'cept for blood clots. Sunday was three OC-1's, a C-1, and two K-1's.

Snow on the mountains makes the water in the photos look especially blue and, ..., er, ... , refreshing!

Ken
kanur
C Guru

Post by kanur »

Unfortunatly Missouri has a boating season and it runs from Oct/Nov through May/June give or take a few weeks. It just doesn't rain much here in the summer so most of our boating is done in the fall/winter/spring.

We had a lot of rain right before Christmas and had a lot of high water. We should still have water for New Years Day even without any more rain.
Dennis

"Just Cause I Don't Run My Mouth Don't Mean I Got Nothing To Say" Mike Cooley DBT
milkman
C Maven

Post by milkman »

Oregon is year-round boating. Fall/winter/spring is the rainy season when we have the most runs to choose from, from mountain rivers to coastal ones.
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

There is a New Years Eve run on the Winnipesaukee River in Tilton NH on New Years Day. They do it every year. But I am staying home :lol: and watching it snow. It is suppose to snow pretty heavy there New Years Day :cry: