need help IDing my c1 boat

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

dgmonster
Pain Boater

need help IDing my c1 boat

Post by dgmonster »

Hi my name is dave and don't post here much. I was on the NRG a few weeks ago and tried a guys c1 squirt boat. Lots a fun! Anyway I have a New Wave squirt boat but can not read the model on the build card. He suggested posting some pics and specs here. So here goes.

and a pic of the little winglets
The boat is 11' 5.5" in length, 6" deep at the deepest point, and 28" wide at the winglets.

any help identifying this boat would be great. I have a few more pics if anyone wants to see more. Thanks in advance for any help.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Maybe an Aerobat? The info in the virtual museum does not include dimensions. http://cboats.net/c_db/list.php?type=1& ... me=Aerobat
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the one shown in the virtual museum has been chopped. Didn't full cut Aerobats have wings?

I see someone got smart & enlarged the cockpit rim.

It's odd to see a New Wave boat without the logo on the stern deck.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Might be a full volume Acrobat? As far as I remember Jim gross paddled one at the NBP Armada a few years ago, and that boat looked very similar to me and had wings as well.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
jim gross
CBoats Addict

Nope

Post by jim gross »

That is not a full cut Acrobat, next generation Hearn/Lugbill design though. But definately not Acrobat. I would bet it is an Ultramax or an Ultraglide. Email pics to Davey Hearn at his biz Maximum Whitwater Performance, He could tell as he was the designer and would recognise the wings.

Jim
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

If you could compress those pictures I'd like to take a look at them.
thanks,
JKaz
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

I concur that it is likely a cut down slalom boat (the depth being a clue, actually - my Acrobat is actually deeper! (when the boat was designed volume was taken out at the ends, left around the paddler).

Which one I'm not sure! I wish I could recall the amount of wings the Extrabat had - the hull and deck are both fairly "flat", at least as I see them in the images.

That said I've yet to see a really good image of an Aerobat - one of these days I'll track one down for the virtual museum here (as well as the "collection"...)
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Hi Dave - that was my boat you were putz'n with on the NRG. Ya did well in it too considering the condition your condition was in.
:-)

I'guess'n its an Aerobat. Agree its too deep for Acrobat. Don't think its a Ultramax (maybe a modified glide). Some Acros had wings others didn't. My full acro does not but I've seen others with them.

Looks like a fun (and fast boat).

Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

photos re-sized for Kaz... :wink:

Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
kaz
Millbrook Boats - CBoats.net Sponsor

Post by kaz »

Thanks PAC.
ClassFive Boats
C Guru

Post by ClassFive Boats »

We have the mold and build the Acrobat. Its not an acrobat. The wings are a giveaway. The original Acrobat is wingless. It looks like an early hearn/lugbill slalom boat, My guess it is a Batmax or Extra Bat series.
MrTgrips
CBoats Addict

Post by MrTgrips »

Dave,
Thanks for checking in. it was good to see you guys on the NRG. I'm not much help in ID ing your boat, but I've got two alleged Acrobats in the garage right now and they both have wings. I guess I should supply photos :roll: .

Should we look you up in the spring when we head to E.Tennesee for ALF?

Mick :D
old and in the way
C Guru

Post by old and in the way »

Definitely not an Ultramax. Ultramax has no wings, first winged boat was the Batmax.
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
philcanoe
C Maven

Post by philcanoe »

with that small stern - could it be a Stealth?
craig
CBoats Addict

Post by craig »

I like the first picture with the empty 12pack in the background :)
dgmonster
Pain Boater

Post by dgmonster »

Well thanks for all the help and insight. The award goes to Mike W for being the first to identify the boat. I was working on the boat last night so it was still on the porch this morning with the sunlight hitting the build card just right.... for me to see the glass holding it in was peeling. I took out a knife and pulled the build card out. According to the card is was built by new wave in PA and looks to be an Aero Bat. I looked through your boat library and and the picture of my boat does not match the pics for an aero bat. Maybe I have a full Aero bat and the pics here are of one that is cut down? Either way I think my boat is the same as this one
that keeps popping up right below the search box on this website. Thanks to everyone who posted suggestion, comments and remarks not pertaining to my boat but rather to my excellent taste in beer.
Last edited by dgmonster on Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.