C1 Slalom Boat Cost

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

agmazzuckelli
C Boater

C1 Slalom Boat Cost

Post by agmazzuckelli »

I'm new to the website but not to cboating. I was wondering how much the average used c1 slalom boat would cost?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Hummmm... hard to answer but I'm sure others will help out.
By slalom boat are you talking current design or older? The older ones are less expensive since they tend to be larger (verses current specs). Most older boats are still fun to paddle if your starting out to get timing down, etc.. Newer designs are more expensive for obvious reasons.
How the boat is layed up, the miles on it (patches), etc. also come into play! Your size and skill level make a difference too. If your race challenged like myself then an an older higher volume boat is in order and they can be found as low as $200.
Question for you - what are you planning on using it for? Training, serious racing, or zipp'n around to poke eyes out in eddies? :wink:
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
agmazzuckelli
C Boater

Post by agmazzuckelli »

I'm sorry, I should have been more specific. I am looking for a newer model. I have a fair bit of experience paddling slalom, and I am mainly focused on the training aspect with a secondary focus on racing.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

By what I have seen used current design slalom boats in good shape seem to go for ~40-50 % of the cost for a new boat.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
agmazzuckelli
C Boater

Post by agmazzuckelli »

That sounds great! Thank you so much.
Larry Horne
C Maven

Post by Larry Horne »

I would kill for a used current design race boat
Larry
Nate
C Guru

Post by Nate »

I'm not sure how long you want to wait, but I have a new boat on order and then will be selling my old slalom boat. Unfortunately since the company is so busy with important races coming up the boat probably won't be here until about the end of september-early october.

The old one is a 2006 Vajda Lizard 355cm (the 365 cut down by Vajda ten cm) in the elite layup. It has 2.5 patches on it, and is in generally good condition. I will probably be asking about $400-500 depending on how much I beat it up between now and then. I think that's pretty cheap.

Nate
agmazzuckelli
C Boater

Post by agmazzuckelli »

That actually sounds great! So, you think that you'll be able to sell the boat at the end of September? That could work out just right. What are the specifications for your boat? Weight limits? Let's keep in touch.
Nate
C Guru

Post by Nate »

Well, Vajda lists the weight range as 70-80 kg (155-175lbs) but I've always been a bit under that and never had any trouble.

Either PM me or send me a note at nshils@gmail.com to give me your email and I can certainly send you some pictures when the time comes.

The boat is in dark red, by the way.