Jesus shoes and paddling

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Big Al
CBoats Addict

Jesus shoes and paddling

Post by Big Al »

Don't!

Go barefoot instead, if you have to.
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I sense a story here, maybe even a parable...

I second that, though. I only wear my sandals when in a flat water open canoe. Never in a decked boat.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Major WOOZ action....heard myself screaming "Get out of the boat Al, get out of the boat!"

Doesn't count as a swim though... the boy stayed in the boat through out (okay he was stuck in it)! Semi-controlled upside down boulder garden run but hurtful to watch!

Scared the you know what out of the yakers who witnessed it! I on the other hand just chalked it up to another day of paddling with Big Al!

That's all I'm say'n!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

why not just walk on water? that would REALLY freak out the butt-boaters! :o
Joe
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

PAC wrote:Major WOOZ action....heard myself screaming "Get out of the boat Al, get out of the boat!"

Doesn't count as a swim though... the boy stayed in the boat through out (okay he was stuck in it)! Semi-controlled upside down boulder garden run but hurtful to watch!

Scared the you know what out of the yakers who witnessed it! I on the other hand just chalked it up to another day of paddling with Big Al!

That's all I'm say'n!
I see a pattern here... :lol: ...

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
oc1paddlr
CBoats Addict

Post by oc1paddlr »

i heard a horror story about a paddler'a big toenail getting torn off while swimming a rapid wearing sandles. thats all it took for me!
paddlr
red boat ready
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

If wearing the tops of my feet off almost immediately wasn't enough, then snagging the straps on the foot pegs or getting the sole caught between saddle and cockpit rim a couple of times would have been. I love my Chaco's, but only in the big flat water boat with the cane seats.
floater
c

Post by floater »

I'm not saying *I* ever swim or anything, but have you ever tried to swim with sandals on? They work like water brakes, kicking gets you almost nowhere. Yet another safety issue, potentially.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I'm with The Great Gonzo on this one. I see a pattern.
Mike Gardner
Pain Boater

Post by Mike Gardner »

My son-in-law almost drowned getting the back of the sandal caught when a newbie paddler. Had to pull his foot out of the sandal I didn't tell him about foot-wear issues and almost lost him. I wear either booties or shoe style Keens(Cimarron) Had an H2 sandal heel get caught in lacing while demonstrating a wet exit.
The less to get hung up the better
Mike
Crash
C Boater

Talked to Jesus.

Post by Crash »

Sneakers are nogood or any thing with laces.Many years ago on the maddawaska Eye of the needle. Jesus said calm down + slip the lace off the foot peg. Now I wear NRS neapream boots.
C-Ya+Ride Safe
Crash