Dagger Caption tandem saddle measurements

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Yukon
Yukan Canoe

Dagger Caption tandem saddle measurements

Post by Yukon »

Just wanting to get some measurements to start with of where people have located their saddles in their Captions. i do not want a triple saddle and i do not want movable saddles for now. maybe I will change my mind on that. I am 210 and more with paddle gear and I paddle with lots of different people from my son who is 100lbs and up. I know this is a difficult question to answer, so just getting some feedback as to what people have already will help.

Interesting this Caption was way wide, so I have narrowed it down to 30", looks way better, the deck plates which looked factory were about 2" too wide and had to be trimmed down, It is gonna be a totally different boat now.
Louie

Post by Louie »

In case no one answers you, you can always take the boat to some body of flat water. put the saddle in the boat un attached and you and your main paddling partner can set in it and have some one look at how the boat sets in the water. I would guess you would want it slightly stern heavy. If you don't trust other people get someone your size and weight to be a suriget for you and you judge where the right place for the saddle is. I had to do that when I out fitted an Encore for Chad and I fifteen years ago when he was six. Fifteen years ago we didn't have this forum to ask questions on and I still don't know anyone who outfitted an Encore tandom. I used this very Encore last Saturday with my eight year old, still worked BTW. Chad was along in his race boat, but he is twenty one so I didn't ask him if he wanted to try the Encore with me.
jroneil
C Guru

Post by jroneil »

Front seat Butt 18 inch from front thwart
Back seat butt 15 inches from back thwart
I would probably move front seat back another 2 inches If I were to do it again start with that Back seat is pretty much fixed front seat is too close back paddler will not have room to switch sides if he has to.