Tellico at 3.2 on new gauge 3.4 on old

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Tellico at 3.2 on new gauge 3.4 on old

Post by Louie »

See why I don't like big water

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHHOYat-8_g
marclamenace
CBoats Addict

Post by marclamenace »

Nicely done Louie!

Keep the vids coming, entertaining as usual.

I like better high water & sticky holes then rocky roads myself but oh well, just gotta run 'em all!
Watch out; that river has rocks on the bottom. :o
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Kudos

Post by Longboatin »

You might not like it, but kudos 4 bein out there Louie. The Yough doesnt even have to get near that juicy and youll see oc's rollin out of town.
Id surely be thinkin twice about bustin the 16 ft LB w/ no flotation, but the trusty Outrage would rock it.
That spud your paddlin looks too dam slow for that volume man. I just dont get your logic there.
But hey, youre out there while the majority aint... shweet.

ps - wheres your g d forward stroke?
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

Why don't you like big water Louie? That looks like a really fun flow. I'm sure the inbetween stuff cleans up really nice, too. And there's still rocks in there. Isn't that more medium flow?
Louie

Post by Louie »

For someone who swam Baby Falls twice in the same run at 1.7 you would die at at 3.6 and no it ain't medium flow it is high flow. Most people run the middle at that level. when we got there it was 1.8 if we had know what it was goin to flash too we would have gone and done something good.
kimmieOC1
C Guru

Post by kimmieOC1 »

Louie
You'll have to take me down the Tellico next time it's over 3 feet. I know I can follow your lines. :lol:
Louie

Post by Louie »

Dear read the above post, If it is 3 feet or above there are so many other thing, better and very close, Wild Cat, Cittico, Doublecamp, Bald, Conasauga, Yellow, Santellia, Turkey Creek. If you are on Tellico above three feet you must be new to the area or have never done it.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Longboat, I think you are like a speed freak. After you have boated a while you will descover what the girls already know, Most of the time finessee with out do raw power and speed.
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

Post by Longboatin »

Well, I think 24 yrs in a boat passes at least as a bit of while. So, while we're on the woman as boating metaphor, how is it the ladies like all your bobbin around and fallin out? In my experience finesse is all about gettin in and stayin there on line, not blowin it with one stroke.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

dam you Longboatin, I just spilled my coffee all over my desk :lol: :lol: :lol: !

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

Louie wrote:For someone who swam Baby Falls twice in the same run at 1.7 you would die at at 3.6 and no it ain't medium flow it is high flow.
Louie, unlike you, my boating is getting better. I know you are on the long downard slope to eventually only doing runs where you wheelchair over rocks, but I got on our local class IV yesterday at probably the same volume as that Tellico vid, but with more gradient and half the width.

I boated like heck, too. But guess what? I stayed in my boat. Ya know why? It's called a roll. You should try it sometime.
Louie

Post by Louie »

I knew it I can spot a begginer when I see one. Twenty four year ago I had moved from a OCA to a Sunburst II which a lot of people were sayin was too short of a boat. I will admit that the seventeen year before that from 1968 t0 1985 I was in a long boat. Also with your admited lack of social skill and anti social attitude are you really sure you know what the girls like????? I mean just askin.
Louie

Post by Louie »

Cool, oop I fliped. can wate to see the proof, where is the video?
Louie

Post by Louie »

and another dam thing, I am going to have to get out of my boat to dump it anyway. You only have so many rolls why waste one when you don't have to. That rollin stuff is over rated.
gumpy
C Maven

Post by gumpy »

wow, you guys are OLD.
Joe