Suggestions for faster and looser boat than my big EZ

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

cbcboat
CBoats Addict

Post by cbcboat »

try spraying Pam on the hull, or even better I think there is a product called Maxiglide, flatwater racers use(d) it.
B
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Maxi-Glide is SLICK! I use it on the race boat. Don't put it on anything you'll touch as it's worse than Armour All :o
Mikey B
CBoats Addict

Large Flirt

Post by Mikey B »

I think you'd be okay in a large Flirt. I know some think it's slow, but I never have any problems keeping up with my buddies in their bigger open boats. It's a very comfortable hull to paddle and still quite playful.
MB
MarkE
c

Post by MarkE »

I have a Large Flirt for sale. $200. Located in D.C. area. PM me if you are interested.
C1 8.1
c

Jackson Super Fun

Post by C1 8.1 »

Find a classic Jackson Super Fun. Should be able to find one at a reasonable price. Easy to convert. I am 185 before gear and it is tons of fun. You should be able to throw it around more than I at 200. The biggest water I have been on is the UG. Great boat.
JMB
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

I don't know if a boat like a Super Fun or a Flirt, which are, if anything, shorter than a Big EZ, will be much fater. Looser probably, but mosy likely any increase in speed will be only incremental. They may be faster once on plane on a wave, but in displacement mode, I doubt it.
I don't know much about what would convert well, but if you want more hull speed, you have to go to a longer boat, there's no way around that.
I had a Delirious once, that one was pretty fast, but definitely not a big water boat at 185 lbs for me (the Ottawa was scary in that thing for me) so I dobt that it would work for you at 200 lbs, but maybe your skills are better than mine were in the day.

Just my 02 cents.

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Bernie
C Guru

Playboat

Post by Bernie »

I paddled the medium 1zone by Pyranha and it was the fastest, loosest ( is that a word ) playboat that I had ever paddled. If you want speed, great surf, and big blunts this is your boat! I am 170# and had trouble getting the ends down for stern squirts and cartwheels. Check out the hull because it is very different than past versions of Pyranha playboats. Should be a great bigwater boat. Give me a call when your in town and take it out for a flatspin.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I agree that a Zone would work! Of cours I have to say a Sith would be the a-ticket (I've paddled one and really wish I had the cash). But I too feel that pocket book pain.
Another boat would be a composite Big Boy if one comes up for sale. It would be a big step up from a EZ and it would be in your weight range and do what you wanted.
A Foreplay would sort of work but its pretty slicy and can develop A.D.D. on big water - on the up side you'd really get a strong roll! Keep us posted on the choice!
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
oopsiflipped
CBoats Addict

Post by oopsiflipped »

Anyone ever tried the s6x series as a C1? the 205 is 26" wide and 6'9"? Stable, fast, super cool split stern. Better yet, it's 6 years old so i should be able to get one cheap.

The Z.one or 1.zone or whatever the heck it is called seems really long, but just looking at it online, it looks very....c1 shaped, with the widest point behind the cockpit. I'd love to check it out next time I'm back east Bernie.
xmas0c1c1k1
CBoats Addict

Post by xmas0c1c1k1 »

try to get an s6f not an x they work good in play boat if you don't like getting tossed then your out of luck the regular s6 is a capable boat too good for ends maybe not so much loops but a good river runner. Most kayak playboats will work well some better than others but look at what kayakers say and think about how that transfers to c1 most newer boats are gonna be looser than an ez just find something cheap and go for it don't think you have to be terribly picky the fluid boats have good cboat rep i enjoyed large flirt you can get it down and it pops
semdoug
Pain Boater

Post by semdoug »

Atom, should be black and well loved.
kx250guy
Pain Boater

Post by kx250guy »

Here is a non-sponser oriented reply: Try this page.

http://www.biothinking.com/big.htm

Its a candid comparsion of kayaks for bigger guys ,that can be conveted into C1. Might be a help.

You can also go to kayak.com and use their comparsion page. Its a huge listing of size,shape,volume etc. with comments on many models and weight limits.

I oc1 these days due to age, but Ive seen many guys in centerfuge, ultrafuge, and a really great paddler in a cut down whiplash ( old boat)