2009 NBP Armada info

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

2009 NBP Armada info

Post by Mike W. »

The 2009 NBP Armada will be Memorial Day weekend (May 23-25). With Monday being a holiday we're shifting things out one day.

Saturday - Cquirt and shop visits on Sat. on Cheat Narrows (LY or Cheat proper for others), moved from Friday of past.

Sunday - North Branch of P Sunday for the Armada (there is a release this weekend) then Strombolis at Foxes Pizza Den - moved from Sat. of previous years.

Monday - Jump ball with attendees making the call - options included WISP center, LY (loop or whole), UY (I think there is a release), or if there is water Savage, Stoney Creek, Slippery Rock Creek, Indian Creek, Meadow Run, Big Sandy, etc. etc. etc. based on desires and skills and if somethings is on the road home!

Camping will be at Robert Craig Campground (the COE campground w/ the nice showers). I've reserved site 77.
http://www.recreation.gov/camping/map_o ... ampingSpot
Brendan
C Guru

Post by Brendan »

Dang! I most likely will have to miss this due to family beach time- Let me see what I can do.
Brendan
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Reserved site 81 from Friday, May 22 - Sunday May 24. Space available if someone wants to share.

Boat request to the "Great Gonzo". Are ya gonna bring your Loco? I'd like to take it down the NBP if you do.

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Kneal, the Loco will surely find it's way on the roof rack of my truck!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
jnorto01
C Guru

Post by jnorto01 »

Hey Guys,
Just made my reservation for site 83 from friday 5/22-5/24.
C-ya there, Jim
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

jnorto01 wrote:Hey Guys,
Just made my reservation for site 83 from friday 5/22-5/24.
C-ya there, Jim
Cool! SBroam & I are on 77. I'll get there sometime on Friday.
old and in the way
C Guru

Post by old and in the way »

I'm in, site #71, but I won't be arriving until Saturday :x

If someone could please let me know the logistics for Saturday, that would be great!

Jim
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Help! Anyone got room on their campsite for a few Canucks???

I tried to book a campsite last night, and according to the website the entire Robert Craig campground ia already booked solid for the Armada weekend :o :( :( :( !!!
I guess that's due to the fact that this is Memorial day weekend, as in previous years there were still sites available a month before the actual armada date.
So, myu question is, does anyone have room for a few invading Canadians?? Most likely 4-5 of us, (PrincessLeah, Scott C, Sparkie, possibly Gwyn from Shaggy Designs and myself) and 2 vehicles? We can split up, too, no problem. Any help appreciated!

TGG!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
old and in the way
C Guru

PM Sent
"As long as there are young men with the light of adventure in their eyes or a touch of wildness in their souls, rapids will be run." -Sigurd Olson
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

old and in the way wrote:If someone could please let me know the logistics for Saturday, that would be great!

Jim
Umm. We're gonna go boat somewhere on a river, possibly near where we're staying. Most likely the Cheat Narrows, but there may be a splinter group that may want to do the Lower Yough. Now, if there is plenty of rain and the Savage is up, well then, that run could also be a possibility, but I don't know yet.

What do YOU wanna do, Jim? :D

Hope that cleared things up for ya.

:lol:

And, Martin. I sent ya a PM.

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
old and in the way
C Guru

KNeal wrote:What do YOU wanna do, Jim? :D

KNeal
Uh, paddle and drink beer. Maybe some good Canadian beer, like Elsinore...
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Thanks Jim and Kneal, I thinks as far as campsites we are covered now.

What's your preferred adult beverage? :D

TGG!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

If things go as planned, there will be three of us coming up but we may not make it up there Friday night, but probably join the caravan Saturday morning.

Probably coming up with a Spanish Fly, a Probe, and an Atom.

Now's the time to place your orders for ginger ale, BBQ sauce, and anything else from down this way. I know some of you have requested ginger ale in one thread or another by my feeble mind isn't keeping track so well - e-mail me (through the site works - my PM inbox gets full) again if you don't mind.

Can't hardly wait! :lol:
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Anyone headed down from upstate NY / VT?
Keep the C!
Adam
amollohan99
Pain Boater

Post by amollohan99 »

Anyone near Huntington, VT willing to transport a Gemini C2 to the armada??