Open boatin in Mexico

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Open boatin in Mexico

Post by Louie »

Jim Coffy of esprit has his large steaming pile of dog doo together when it come to settin up open boater in Mexcio, Warm wearher and water, wide selection of river and openboats down here to choice from. Cheap food and lodgin in a town very boater friendly town. My favorite bar in Jelcomulco is called the Friendly Bar and the baby dolls who work there are. If you can swing the aeroplane ticket, the food, lodging, and shuttle service cost almost nuthing. If you are in an open boat you'll get passed around from outfitter to outfitter so the companies guides can see you boat in your "Canoa". The locals know we are theor life blood and watch out for you like a hawk, cell phone don't work but the pay phone do. ¿Ain't it better when you can get in touch with others and they can't with you? I mean when you are on vacationand all.
beach
Pain Boater

Post by beach »

Louie, Esprit;

I was so close to paddling in Mexico last winter-'07-'08, (due to the Cboat postings) yet my time-off did not coincide with the Esprit dates... so I waited and went to ALF-09.

The hombres I met in Lenoir City were less than reputable yet were agreeable to my Yankee a$$ and I plan to return to ALF-09.

Jack, Stu, Bill, Sandy, Mick, Kevin, Dave, Doug, Craig, Dan and all of the other boaters of ALF-08 lets go stimulate the Mexican economy... ($100.00 USD equals $ 1,303.06 MXP and $100.00 CDN equals $ 1,065.55 MXP!!!)

Could be a pre ALF-09 primer albeit with a different diet and cervas... and no drysuits..!

Adios,

Kevin
c1swim
CBoats Addict

Post by c1swim »

I love Mex.
But, ya'll don't get too excited about the exchange rate.
When I was there last month, a six-pac of XX was $58.40 (pesos).
dance for rain
Louie

You drink out of your own bottle

Post by Louie »

in Mexico when you want to show you got a job. when your drinkin for flavor or volume you get a twenty peso cahuama of any brand and three or four water glass, a couple of friends ( if there ain't nobody around you know, just start drinkin and somebody will show up to help),find a shade tree. As soon as you finish he first one give the empty bottle to any six year old walkin by and a quarter and they return with a full one.
esprit
C Guru

Thanks Louie

Post by esprit »

I think that that was a compliment?!?

We have worked really hard to pull everything together and are really excited about making Jalco a great OC destination.

Our trips run every Sat. to Sat. include 6 days paddling on a variety of rivers, food, accommodations and lots of extras.... we have plenty of cold caguamas in the fridge ... and so far we have 1 (one) open boater booked for the season joining us on Dec. 27.

We can best be contacted at mexico@whitewater.ca
or toll free into Casa Esprit in Mexico 1 866 307 1005

Hope you join us,

jim
yarnellboat
C Maven

Post by yarnellboat »

Any special weeks for open-boaters being promoted? Any instruction this year?

If I were to go down, I'd prefer to be with canoes, and guides who canoe, and preferrably get some good instruction. Anything like that cooking?

PY.
Louie

What about I

Post by Louie »

go with you I'll be there every weekend till the end of Jan or Feb or maybe the midlle od March,.... I'm so confused