Have you ordered a new Galasport boat recently?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

semdoug
Pain Boater

Have you ordered a new Galasport boat recently?

Post by semdoug »

If you have ordered a new Galasport boat recently, say within the last year, I would love to hear about the experience. Frankly, the two distributors I've contacted were not very receptive to ordering a boat and dealing with the higher material costs, excessive shipping costs, and hassles. I have not yet talked with GalasportUSA, they are out of the country for the Olympics, but will contact them in September. The Loco sounds like the ideal boat for me, that's why the interest in Galasport.

So, if you wouldn't mind disclosing some info it would be greatly appreciated.

1. Who did you order from?

2. How was the ordering experience, timeframe, price quotes compared to actual cost, communication, etc.?

3. How did the shipping work out? I'm in the Northwest so shipping for me may be more expensive. Were you able to pick the boat up at the distributor or was it shipped to you?

Thanks
Steve
jakke
CBoats Addict

Post by jakke »

I got myself a galasport Demon, but it's from a belgian reseller, so not much use for you.

Even though we have the impression the new demons wear out a lot faster then the old ones did AND they reduced the material in the blade, you can see that if you keep the paddle in bright light.

Then again, I'm interested in a profiplast paddle, but appears to be quite hard to get one.
C1Dub
C Guru

Post by C1Dub »

Not sure what distributors you dealt with but I ordered a Galasport boat through Jennifer and Davey Hearn last year and my experience was great. I received the boat on time as promised and undamaged.

For contact info:

www.daveyhearn.com

Natalie
knu2xs
Pain Boater

Post by knu2xs »

I ordered my boat for this year again through Silvan. Since in the spring, I had to wait a little while as it was during the season. However, it was no problem besides getting killed by the Euro this year. I also got lucky, meeting Silvan at a race to pick up the boat, thereby saving on shipping costs.
-Joel

You can't wait for inspiration. You have to go after it with a club. -Jack London
semdoug
Pain Boater

Post by semdoug »

Thanks for the replys.

knu2xs,
Excuse my ignorance but who is Silvan? Someone here in the US at GalasportUSA?

Steve
Alden
CBoats Addict

Post by Alden »

I can answer that. Yes, Silvan is Silvan Poberaj, who runs GalasportUSA. US Slalom Team Head Coach, father of a couple of slackers -- okay, good boaters -- and coach to many other athletes, including The Great Scott Parsons.

Note: Joel (knu2xs) once went after him with a club . . .

- Just Another C-Boater
Last edited by Alden on Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Alden wrote:a couple of slackers
Slackers, kyackers. Sounds the same to me. :wink:

KNeal
C-boats Moderator

"Believe me, my young friend, there is nothing-absolutely nothing-half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats."
riffc1
c

Post by riffc1 »

I got one in 2007. Dealer was great. Everything went well until I unpacked it.

Jack
Last edited by riffc1 on Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bearboater
CBoats Addict

Post by bearboater »

riff, sorry your boat broke in shipping, but that happens man. my boat was cracked in 5 places flying here to europe. and my first boat from dave kurtz had a hole in the stern. my second boat from dave had a crack very similar to yours, except that it crossed the whole bow... benn frakers boat was annihilated on the way to europe for the WC's this year as well. just kinda happens... but silvan got me the boat I ordered 6 weeks from the date of order, mid-summer which is pretty hard to beat, fall usually is a little quicker... spring is a death trap though.
-isaac
race boats are so fast, i bet its in the speed wing.