Cquirt May 30th, 2008 - Call to action!!!!

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Cquirt Friday May 30th afternoon - planning to attend?

Yes and I have a cquirt boat!
50%
Yes but I'll need to borrow....please!!
13%
Yes but I'll be just hanging out - not cquirt'n!
6%
No because "life" is getting in the way!
31%

Total votes: 16

PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Cquirt May 30th, 2008 - Call to action!!!!

Post by PAC »

The Cquirt will be held on May 30th and hopefully there will be a good level at Fascination Alley for us to indulge in.

Hopefully prior to the drop we'll meet up at PS Composites (if they give us the okay again :wink: hint!) that Friday (5/30) late morning prior to heading for the Cheat for afternoon play.

Hopefully there will be a few new designs there along with the usual older boats for folks to try out. Adam should have his newly designed boat (Mentor) and maybe a Mavin or two, hopefully Jim’s new design will be ready too. We are hoping that the Shaggy Design boys (you might be working on a Cquirt as well) are there as well. And lets not forget that Jim Gross and his wooden wonder might also show up.

Composites http://www.customkayak.com/
Lower Yough (Loop) http://www.americanwhitewater.org/conte ... l_id_1687_
Fascination Alley http://weaver.lunarcharc.com/index.php?spot_id=89 or http://www.americanwhitewater.org/conte ... l_id_2346_

Then on Sat the NBofP for the Armada http://www.americanwhitewater.org/conte ... l_id_2430_
Sun is open with possible trips to ASCI http://www.adventuresportscenter.com or other run(s), etc.

So who is in for "getting down" (or at least trying to)???
Last edited by PAC on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I voted for "just hanging out", but I might be tempted into a boat if there is one that will not sink straight to the bottom with my bulk in it. Is this on the Cheat where we paddled year before last?
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

sink'n not stink'n

Post by PAC »

There should be boats for folks to try. Heck my full cut Acrobat would be perfect for ya Scott. It would also give me a great excuss to borrow Adam's nice new shinny toy! :wink:

The location will be on the Cheat Narrows - sort of same as last year. Last year Jimmy S. took us to one of his level defined easy access locations. Hopefully this year we have a really good flow and get goods at F.A. on the Narrows (site from the 2 years prior).

I'm sure there will be other boats there for borrowing too - Fink, WB, etc.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

Dunno about that full cut Acrobat, my full cut butt wouldn't fit in it last year :)
i r a p|r@t3

yeaaaaaaaarrrrggg
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

My experience with those "cquirty" type boats is that my butt sits on the rear deck. Heck, that has been true with most of the glass boats I have tried - including slalom and the full-cut Viper I owned. I do remember trying a Viper once that I actually fit in but it wasn't for sale...
Big Al
CBoats Addict

Post by Big Al »

Yes but I'll need to borrow....please!!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I'll be there :D with Adam's Maven demo boat (unless it sells before then) & my master cut Acrobat.

The problem w/ being up on the deck is caused by the small cockpit openning of the Acrobat (can't get my thighs out under the deck). The demo Maven fixed that. Hopefully Jim's boat will too.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

I'll be there with my Acrobat. And I will be in line to try out the Mentor 8) 8) 8) !!!

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
amollohan99
Pain Boater

Post by amollohan99 »

I would love to come. I have the acrobat and a K-squirt. hopefully my skills will have increased by then so that I will be able to get down. I have the stern squirt (kinda) but mysteries are a little wasy away.
Although its cold, there's water!!!

Andy M.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

amollohan99 wrote:hopefully my skills will have increased by then so that I will be able to get down. I have the stern squirt (kinda) but mysteries are a little wasy away.
Although its cold, there's water!!!

Andy M.
Don't sweat the skills. This whole deal is about having fun, trying different boats, & hanging out w/ a GREAT bunch of folks. Even in TINY boats, I've only been able to go chest deep. I'm still tickled to go belly deep & have the boat level :D
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Aye, 'tis all about the fun.

I'll be bringing the Maven, a Mentor (or two..), and depending on interest the Oxygen and Master cut Acrobat.

The Demo Maven (that MikeW has right now) is for sale...cheap!

The Mentor(s) I bring down will also be for sale (reasonable, especially for brand new boats with only our demo use).
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

I suggest we bring as many boats as possible (Oxygen, Mavins, Acrobats and the like) since last time everyone climbed into something and we also had some time sharing going on.
I'll be bringing my xxx too - not that it is a squirt boat but for a large person it behaves like one (right Al??)!!
As for skills we all started the same - just some got a tad better while some of us ( :oops: ) didn't. But I keep at it! :) It's about having fun! 8)
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
huge
C Boater

Cquirt

Post by huge »

Planning on being there.
Might even bring *gasp* a kayak!
Sir Adam, are you bringing the Oxygen? I assume that I don't have to ask if a Mentor will be in attendance.

I won't bore you with the beautiful day on the Tuck I had on Sunday, but I'm scouting Cquirt spots for ya, Mike and PAC.

huge
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

There will definitely be Maven's and Mentor's in attendance.

If you'd like the O2 there, it will be there too!

I'm happy to bring down any boats folks want to try...all I ask is that if I bring it down, someone try it!

If I had a boat trailer I'd be tempted to bring ALL the squirt boats down (including the cruising squirts, like the Viper, Edge, Standard cut Acrobat (for my weight anyway!), etc...). Thankfully I don't have one!
Keep the C!
Adam
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Update on PS Composites site visit....

Post by PAC »

Adam - sounds like you need to buy & bring a trailer (with an Oxygen or two loaded on it)! :wink:

Anyway - response from Mary Kay as to stopping by PS Composites prior to the Cquirt!
YES of course you all are welcome to visit. And you are coming out 2 months later I believe. Good call if you want Fascination alley. And warmer temperatures are more likely to draw Paul to the water. We look forward to your visit!

Have fun,
Mary Kay Schreiner
PS Composites Inc
So maybe we can get a few more squirtist there (C and / or K). Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator