allstar as c1

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ianp
C Boater

allstar as c1

Post by ianp »

I am 6, 1 about 160 lbs and have outgrown my current skip conversion which i find a bit tippy and slow im looking for another playboat that is a little more stable for my weight but is still not awfully slow. How is the allstar? how does it compare to Liquid Logic Boats?
many thanks
Ian
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

I had one of the original allstars and it was ok, way better in a hole than on a wave. I didn't like it much, I actually prefer the skip more. My most recent playboat was a 4twenty which I liked. It was wide and stable for river running and fast on a wave. I think the new Rev which just came out looks even better but I don't know if you are in the market for a brand new boat. Other than that, what about a space cadet or s6f if you are looking for something cheap...
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

Hi.....Iam 6foot tall and 190lbs .....I have an 07 Allstar C1 and it is great...Its more stable and faster than a 420...,
If you are into Rodeo the Allstar wins for me hands down...It has stable nice slicey lower volume ends ends making the verticle moves easy...
The 420 has way too much volume in the rear for anything other than foam pile moves....
Another good boat to consider is a Riot Astro...well proportioned for C1 playboating

A couple of pictures of it here...

http://www.canoekayak.co.uk/gallery/alb ... p?user=836
mshelton
CBoats Addict

Post by mshelton »

I have one that has been sitting in my basement 1/2 finished for 6 months, so far it's the most awesomeist C1 ever!
i r a p|r@t3

yeaaaaaaaarrrrggg
wetnobby

Post by wetnobby »

Get it finished.......you will not regret it...!!! :D