Tennessee in March

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

oc ender
C Guru

Tennessee in March

Post by oc ender »

I heared 'bout the gathering at Lenoir City in March and love to attend.Not sure if i should ship my boat($$$)from western Canada or, if there is somewhere i can rent one out there.If anyone knows a place to do so please let me know.I paddle a Nitro or Teaureau.About the gathering,will it be the same dates as last year,and will it even happen again?I'd love paddle and see the beautiful rivers and the country out there!Any other info would be appreciated.
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
Steward
C Boater

Post by Steward »

You wouldn't be disappointed. We went last year and the river and people were fantastic. Hopefully it will happen again this year. Louie did a fantastic job last year. I'm planning to head down for March break again, and probably will every year from now on. You must paddle the Telico and the Noli if you go, what a great trip.

Louie, are you even considering doing doing the Single Sticker thing again? And thanks again, my kids are still talking about going back to Tennessee :)
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

OC Ender, no need to ship a boat. I attended this year and came all the way from Germany, without a boat. But I paddled every day and nearly every day in a different boat. Louie has quite a warehouse of boats to borrow and others will come and bring two, three or even more boats you probably could use. Chek in advance in this forum, ask around, the friendly paddlers here will help. Anyway, it was like this with me this year.

Thanks again to everyone, Scott, Louie, Doug, Eli, whose boats I got to paddle...

If there is another event next year and if time permits I will be back to Tennessee! It was well worth the long trip.
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

Oh, I see, Mister Taniwha, you did not like my boat!!!!

Post by ChrisKelly »

Yeah, I'd like to do the canoe thingy again this spring.

We might even get some good water.

Chris Kelly
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Sorry, sorry, sorry... I knew that I would forget to mention someone... :-? so please add above "and especially Chris' whom???/which??? (sorry, being a bl.... kraut I don't know which word to use here) I liked very much" :wink:

:lol:
oc ender
C Guru

Post by oc ender »

Giddee-up,and count me in.If you came from Germany and thought it was worth it then i'll definately check it out.Thanks for the info,and even for some reason it doesn't officially happen,i can still go paddlin'.How many sleeps 'till March... :D
That wasn't carnage,watch this...
Steward
C Boater

Post by Steward »

Since this thread has started, who is planning to head to Tennessee this year for March break?
pblanc
CBoats Addict

Post by pblanc »

Is everybody welcome?
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

Everybody was certainly welcome. It's never too early to start planning - might be good to check with Louie and see what his situation is. I think a lot of the public camping facilities were still closed for the winter this year when it happened and Louie's banquet hall was key to the success.