Swiss Armada 2007 - May 17-20, Boltigen, Switzerland

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

Boats...

Post by NZMatt »

I almost forgot about that - boats!

I've arranged for a Mohawk/Indian Canoe Rodeo and Probe 12. Additionally I have my Zoom, Jo has her Phantom (though you'll be hard pressed to get her out of it), and our Rampage Tandem, plus a converted M3 243 and a Wheelboy.

Our friendly local Esquif importer is bringing a Taureau, a Nitro, a Blast and a Vertige X, plus maybe a Detonator for 2 days (I think I got those right - working from memory here). Thanks Philip!

Look forward to seeing all those coming over the next few days!!

Cheers,
Matt

PS: Any problems finding the place, call me on +41 79 573 9979 - I'll be there from c. 9pm tomorrow night, but will try to pass by and unlock things earlier. If anyone gets in early, I am meeting at the Autobahn Ausfahrt (Highway Exit) Wimmis at 1800 to take a beginner OC group down the lower section of the Simme.
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

Hi Matt,

I think it´s time to change your signature.... :D

See you soon

Frank
imagine
Taniwha
C Guru

T H A N K S !!!

Post by Taniwha »

It was a freaking good extended weekend, down there in Switzerland.
  • Thanks to Jo and Matt who made it possible including organizing and preparing a most delicious Chäsefondue (sponsored by KANUmagazin).
    Thanks to the KKS for the hut and facilities.
    Thanks to whoeever is responsible for weather for rain on Thursday and the first somewhat hairy then brilliant river levels and for plenty of sunshine Fri - Sun.
    Thanks to all the companies for the bunch of demo boats: Philipp from Patschifik (Esquif), Robert from Robson, Thomas from Blue&White (Mad River), Jörg from Wooden-Boat (Bell), Siesta Oppi for the Indian Canoe boats (Mohawk)
    Thanks to everyone for coming, especially Eddie (who wins the longest travel prize: 2000+ km, 30 hrs... - one way!)
I'm looking forward to next years happening... and to all the pictures coming up.
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

and thanks to Taniwha for organizing all the testboats !

Taniwha on the Simme (photo by Raphael):

imagine
stefi
c

Post by stefi »

Thanks to Matt for a brilliant weekend, I hope you enjoyed the Saane!
I think I will go for a little more training in c-boats (kayaking I'll do anyway...) and learning to roll!
But sometimes, it's not too bad, to swim (and I don't do it very often).

Hope to see you all next year or on an other trip to switzerland :)
Birds fly, Fish swim, Men walk, Women paddle
wetnobby

Great weekend!!

Post by wetnobby »

Matt, Jo, & everyone who attended....
A stunning weekend, and a huge sucess!!! What a pleasure it was to be out with such a super bunch of like minded paddlers.
The next week or two will be a real come down after so much fun in such a short space of time.
I am sure Sandie will thank you separately but from me a warm thanks to all involved and I am looking forwards to meeting and paddling with you all again.... :D

Chris
insolence
CBoats Addict

Swiss C-Boat Armada

Post by insolence »

Hi Folks!

Thanks a lot, Matt and Jo, for organizing the Armada and make such a great event possible! I have learned and experienced a lot, made friends, had several great thrills on the water- and it was so great, meeting so many nice C-Boaters at a time

the Saane was beautiful!Though passing by a hole sidewards was no good idea :lol: , I enjoyed it, riding the S succesfully was great! I had never thought I'd arrive alive in the eddy :o !

And thanks to you all who've been there! Thanks for the great time on the river and ashore, thanks for motivating me, thanks for the fun I had paddling with you!
I hope we will meet again, so we can rock the river together!

Your's
Sabrina
it's gettin hot
I MAKE THE WATER BURN
purple orange flames
blaze where I put my paddle
Taniwha
C Guru

A Bunch Of Pics...

Post by Taniwha »

Right-o, here we are:

http://www.koru.de/Bilder/2scba07/

That's the first quick selection of the pics I made.

Who can spot the token kayaker on the first pic? :lol:
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

NICE images!!

As usual you have some phenomenal shots Taniwha. Be sure to save them in high resolution...we'll be calling for Calendar images for next years CBoat calendar in the fall:)
Keep the C!
Adam
NZMatt
Supporting Paddler

And thanks to all who attended....

Post by NZMatt »

and a big thank you to everyone who came...especially those who came from so far! Eddy you rock!! I hope you guys enjoyed the rest of your short vacation!

Honestly, this weekend is all about the people who show up. Last year 8 cboaters, this year >20!! I'm psyched you all travelled so far to be here. If you didn't put your name on my little list while you were here, be sure to email or PM me your contact information so I can include it in the list I send out (no, Jo says, it's not Santa's list. It's much more important than that - a list of other like minded c-boaters...)

A highlight for the weekend for me was waiting at the put in of the Saane with 14 c-boats lying around and another paddler drives up, with Bern plates and a Mohawk on the roof....and I didn't know him. Thomas paddled with us and says he'll be back next year!

And then there was making fondue for 18people, including some Swiss (a kiwi and a German making fondue for the Swiss....you gotta love it :) A big Thanks to Kanumagazin for helping out with the Fondue supplies. And a big thanks to the companies who gave us the demo boats....Kaz you're an evil man....I think I'm in love with your boat!

New friends, old friends,
River fun, River swum,
Rainy days, fun in the sun
Fear and freedom, smiles abound
And next year, back we'll bound!

Ciao y'all

Matt & Jo
Kiwis who got lost

(FINALLY - NEARLY ENOUGH CBOATERS!!)
NZMatt

Hmmm....new country, new rivers...-
Still not enough c-boaters....
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Great pix! Sounds like a grand time! 8)
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Sandie_
Pain Boater

Post by Sandie_ »

Thank you Matt and everybody for a fantastic few days paddling.

I am glad I finally got to do the saana, its been on my to-do list for ages. I think my Ocoee must have been down Saana-S before, as it seemed to know the way.

I am glad I didn't need to show anyone how my roll doesn't work. Though i think not falling in just means you're not trying hard enough.

Chris and I are now looking forward to our next trip over there in a little under two weeks.

Sandie
We are what we repeatedly do.
- Aristotle
stefi
c

Post by stefi »

hm... as one of the rare swiss paddlers at this year's armada, I just have to say something about that fondue:
It was the best idea ever! Fire & meat is always around on a boaters meeting, but you really dont have a fondue every day!

but. It could have been better. It's supposed to be cheesy, and not totally fluid. 8) I do not blame the kiwis, because they are kiwis. :wink: And I will do my best to help them for an even better fondue next year.
Doesn't that sound like you have to come next year?
Birds fly, Fish swim, Men walk, Women paddle
Taniwha
C Guru

Post by Taniwha »

Stefi,

you probably sat at the wrong pot. I shared the sheep cheese fondue pot with Jo, Roland and Jan: this was interesting, because the texture wasn't at all gummy like melted cheese, more like feta cheese. But still I liked it.

Afterwards we wiped that pot clean I dipped some bread into the pot Matt was sharing with Eddie and his family. This was thicker, gummier, more like the stuff I knew so far. Someone said (who "dipped" his way around...), that this last pot was the very best of the lot.

Nevertheless, I missed the long sticky strands of melted cheese all around the interior of the hut, from pot to chin to lamp, chair, table....
I missed the stick, the whip and the weight at the legs.

Next time we might have to establish a pot swap routine or find a Swiss chef de cuisine! I know of one volunteer now :wink:
fez
CBoats Addict

Post by fez »

imagine