Resturants, Bars, & Campgrounds

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

Resturants, Bars, & Campgrounds

Post by Louie »

On the four lane hiway runnin 2 miles from the Interstate to the downtown area where the hall is there are every fast food place you never wanted to eat at. Also we have two Japanessee resturants, One Chinessee/Thi, one Chinessee buffett, two Itilian, one very good and high class, one good and very frindley ,large portion, ran by a bunch of Greeks. Two steak houses, one ran by a local family and one which is a twenty resturant Tennessee only chain. this last one is a required stop every year when the Canadian come down they end up takin home a few bottle of the BBQ sauce, We have two pure BBQ resturants, the better of the two does not serve beer however. Four or five local southern type of food resturants, one meat and two veggie type of place. Six or seven Mexican resturants one is so atuhinic they have no menue and no one speaks English and we will more than likely be the only gringo in it, they are very very frindly and after I took my 14 year old to Mexico for two weeks of paddlin in 2000 and he et down there he won't have a taco from any where else in town. Beer and Mixed drinks are served in almost all of these places and you can carry beer into any which doesn't serve beer. The closest place to buy package whiskey is five mile away at the city limit of Knoxville which is a town of 250,000 and the third largest in the state. Our town of Lenoir city is only 10,000. We have two winerys the chessee factory and the Mushroom plant the guard shack has a referagator and for two dollers the guard will sell you a bag of the white mushroom so big they will go bad before you get them all et. If you want the portabella, shintaki or the other fancy one you have to go there during the day. We have three river, Big & Little Tennessee and the Clinch each one of these has a dam on it here in town and there are a lake behind each dam and TVA run campground thats I don't know when they are open but there are also private campground. Gatlinburg is an hour away and has a killer river runnin thru town it is as big of a tourist trap as ever was but is worth goin to once. The land our town was founded on was given to General Lenoir for his service in the Revolutionay war, we didn't get around to becomeing a city till 1907, so you will be here for our 100 years birthday party as a city. We have a couple of pool halls and bars but for a greater selection you have to drive the five mile to Knoxville which has the Univeristy of Tennessee the single most populated square mile in the state with most being between 18 and 25 and over 50% female for what that worth. Peole you don't know will wave and speak so don't be shocked they don't want to rob you. I'm workin with the city to get out some sorta directery where you can have names and number fo Hotels/Motels, resturant, campground that sort of thing but the dam river won't quit runnin and it has been in the 70's so boatin keeps gettin in the way. Monday i'm goin to try and devote the whole day to this thing, cause on Tuesday I'm cuttin some wood out of a 700 fpm creek which is roadside and is 3/4 of a mile long only 35 miles from here, we got the first descent (open boat) last week. A couple of butt boater did some of it last spring but not all, it is on the AW webb site the last Yellow Creek on the Tennessee page, the guy in the red quake in the pictures I took will be at the single sticker thing, don't pay any attention to the write up the guy who wrote it up suffers from penis envy and is mad we beat him to it, worse case of sour grapes I've ever seen.
Louie

Pizza

Post by Louie »

Ten year old pointed out we have a lot of places that serve a piece of cardboard with tomato sausa on it.
Dooleyoc-1
CBoats Addict

Post by Dooleyoc-1 »

I would also like to point out that East TN has some of the best rivers in north america:

Class III

Ocoee
Clear Creek
Nolichucky
Lower Tellico

Class IV

Little River
Tremont
Tellico
Island Creek
Daddy's Creek
Little Clear Creek

Class V

West Prong
Henderson Creek
North Chickamauga Creek
ChrisKelly
CBoats Addict

There are also a bunch of lovely class II runs

Post by ChrisKelly »

and last time I talked with Mister Louie he made a point of saying that we will make it easy for newer paddlers to get on some of these.

Well, actually, Louie did not say it all clear like that but you know what I mean.

I plan on being there for much or all of it and hope we attract lots of newer open boaters. It will be a good place and time to try and buy boats.