Moosefest

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Moosefest

Post by the great gonzo »

Just curious, is anyone else going to Moosefest next weekend? Would be cool to have a few drinks with some other single bladers and maybe paddle together.

Cheers!

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Open Gate
C Guru

Post by Open Gate »

We're going but the weekend after moosefest.
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Martin,
was considering going, but am racing instead. Have fun, and don't let those "Yanks" give you any ideas . . . like perpetrating handgun violence, watching sports besides hockey, or paddling with two blades.
Alden
Al Greve
C Guru

Post by Al Greve »

Martin, there is a bunch of us going the weekend after on the 21st 22nd, this way we get away from all those yakers. :wink: I`ll be picking Steve and Joe Langman along the way then hooking up with Mason and the rest in Watertown on the 20th.

Cheers Al
Heidi
Pain Boater

moose moose moose

Post by Heidi »

Martin,

Yes, Moosefest, getting in Friday night Best Western. Couple of purple Outrages, tannish Toyata SUV and an Atom. Saturday, I'll be watching Jim M. et al on the Bottom. Sunday, we'll run the Lower. Would be good to share a brew....watcha paddlin'?

http://www.nyriverfestivals.com/moose.shtml

Heidi
adirondack_hlathotmaildotcom
CaroleW.
C Guru

Andrew is probably going the weekend

Post by CaroleW. »

after as well. My foot is now in a cast so I can be the Awesome Shuttle Bunny supplying hot drinks post paddling to warm people up!

:D

Carole
LEW
C Guru

Post by LEW »

We will be there Friday with the ADK group.
Staying at the cabin on the edge of town in Old Forge.
Probably paddling the Lower on Sat.
If we don't cross paths before Saturday evening maybe we will see you at the North Street Pavilion.

LEW
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Well, it looks like there will be a number of single bladers at Moosefest then. Look out for the rusty tan colored 4-Runner with Ontario plates and a green Prelude or a yellow Finkenmeister on the roof (no worries, the butt-boats on the roof are NOT mine, but my yakking friends... :wink: ). It will either be parked somewhere near a river during the day, or at the Forge Motel, which is within convenient staggering distance from all the bars in town, at least as far as I can remember... :roll: ...
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Don Williams
C Boater

Post by Don Williams »

Hi Martin,

Buffy and I are going to be staying at the Best Western during Moosefest. Our tenative plan is for me to paddle the Bottom on Saturday and then try and do a Shredder run of the Lower Sunday.

Don