Going to Ottawa, need boat...

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Going to Ottawa, need boat...

Post by CosmikDebris »

Hey,
Anyone out there near the Ottawa have an extra playboat laying around? I don't currently have a playboat and am headed up that way on friday. I'd love to borrow/rent one if it's possible rather than trying to have to beg a friend to let me convert their's to c1. Anyways, throwin' it out there...also if anyone wants to paddle, let me know.
will
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Will, I live in ottawa, you're welcome to my Super-Fun if I'm not paddling it. I'll likely be paddlin on Sat, but other than that you're welcome to use it... Note - you might be a bit loose in it... there are no hip braces and I'm a big guy... but the suicide belt would hold you and you could probably stuff the thigh braces with something...

Alternatively, when you get there - go to river-run and search for Martin of Shaggy Designs - he's got at least one or two demo/rentals that you might be able to 'demo'. Check out www.riverrunners.com for phone information - Call their head office and ask about demoing the Shaggy C1's - They might be able to direct you... Martin;s a guide for River Run Rafting... People are REALLY happy with his boats.

As well - post on www.boatwerks.net boater board - there are a ton of ottawa paddlers and a bunch of OC'ers/C1'ers as well that hound that board frequently..

PM me if interested -

Mike.
________
SUBARU B9 SCRAMBLER SPECIFICATIONS
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

You can borrow my Wheelboy

Post by the great gonzo »

Will,

If you are travelling through Toronto, you can borrow my Wheelboy (cell# 647-828-4189).

If you don't travel through Toronto and/orwant to try out a compiosite playboat, go to RiverRun at the Ottawa ( http://www.riverrunners.com/ ) and ask any ogf the staff for Martin or Gwyn (the Shaggy Designs guys), they will set you up with either a Sith demo boat or they may let you have a go in the prototype of their new not yet named short C1 playboat that's has a hull based on their Saint kayak ( http://www.shaggydesigns.com ).

If I didn't have non paddling visitors from Europe here right now, I would join you!

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Will,
too bad - im heading down your way to the Green for Monday and Tuesday. Hoping for a 100 release and not a 60 or zero. Have fun.
Alden
RodeoClown
BlackFly Canoes

Post by RodeoClown »

Will- you're welcome to borrow my 4-twenty c-boat. I've been hanging out at the Ottawa all summer... shoot me an e-mail Jeremy@ChasingRain.com or leave a message on my cell (717-968-5353)
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Martin/others - there's going to be a good C-ontingent of paddlers Saturday morning, 10:30 am at the OWL putin if you can make it... We're going to run the main.
________
AMERICAN IDOL FORUM
Last edited by msims on Sat Mar 05, 2011 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

Mike,

I'd love to paddle this weekend, but I have non-paddling :-? visitors from Europe over right now...No paddling for me for two more weekends... I don't know yet how I'll survive :wink: ...

Are you in for ruuning the Main on Sunday August 20?

martin a.k.a. the great gonzo!
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Yeah, probably - I'll pencil it in- I think I should be around...
________
American Dad! Forum