Squirt boats near DC?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Alden
CBoats Addict

Squirt boats near DC?

Post by Alden »

Anyone out there near DC have a C-1 squirt boat that I could try out briefly? Or even a Viper? I just recently tried a k-1 squirt boat, and it was awesome, looking to try a C-1 now.

Anyone have anything they can lend me for an afternoon or something?

later
Alden
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

The Armada is a reasonable distance from DC and there will be as many squirt C-1s in one place as maybe there ever have been... My Viper is in Richmond, which is not too much of a drive from DC. I just wish it was here in SC...
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

squirt

Post by PAC »

Alden
I'm planning to be at the Armada and can bring my Acrobat if you are interested.
It's a bigger cut so its not a dropping machince, more of a slightly twitchy river runner. 8) Good boat to start out in.
Since I'm planning to bring my 7 year old daughter for the run (C2 or Shredder) your welcome to take it out. Its also fairly comfortable (for as SC1 that is) and then you could hop in the other boats too - either at the Cheat (is that we are headed for the C-cup) or the NBofP. Just let me know. Paul C.

PS: I can then hop in it and the Maven to compare so you would be doing me a favor too! :wink:
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

As SBroam & PAC said, come to the Armada. There will be Mavens, Acrobats (I'm bringing a 1/2" cut & master cut Acros). Someone mentioned maybe bringing an Oxygen too :wink: If I'm not too beat from the 70 & think I can do the Rappahannock race on Sunday, I'll have my full cut Viper with me.

http://cboats.net/cforum/viewtopic.php?t=4687
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Okay, guys, thanks. I guess I was kind of hoping for something a little more immediate, but I am glad to see everyone sticking to the party line! I am hoping to make one of the Armada days and finally put some names to faces and try out some of these cool boats.

Does anyone know a c-1er from DC named Charlie . . . MacArthur (or something like that)? I met him once on the Potomac and tried his Viper briefly. Anyone know how to contact him?

Alden
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

If that was Charlie *Martin* he moved to Boston and sold me his Viper. Unfortunately, he was already in Boston when he put it up for sale which has led to one of the epic boat deliveries... I bought my new toy in March! Don't tell me about immediate! :lol:
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Scott,
doh! that was the guy. I can't believe he moved and sold his boat. the last thing I told him that day on the Potomac was "Don't sell your boat to Scott . . ." Good luck getting it.
Alden
TomAnon
C Guru

Post by TomAnon »

I can have one dropped off at your place Thursday afternoon. Just let me know where it is. It is a squirt boat of the Aerobat vintage. I used to get plenty of downtime with it at S-Turn(Bermuda Triangle) and MD chute. Long time ago. It is still in very good condition. It is green with yellow seams. You've seen it. Drop me a note.

Tom
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Aerobat...

Post by Sir Adam »

If you, or anyone else, has an Aerobat in decent shape they want to part with I'm interested...it's one of the few squirt boats not in the "collection"! (that and a Meltdown...).
Keep the C!
Adam
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Cool, thanks, Tom. I'll get in touch. I look forward to trying it out . . . although, the only boat of that description I remember is the one you paddle as a slalom boat (looks a little big).

But it has happened that I've been wrong or not remembered something important.

Alden