Help I.D. Dagger C1 Squirt

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Help I.D. Dagger C1 Squirt

Post by CosmikDebris »

Recently aquired a C1 squirtboat from a friend. It was originally built for Marshall Fox (You out there?). Has a blue deck with white seams. Don't think it's an Acrobat, most likely a super chopped slalom boat? Has a squareish cockpit rim...I'll post pics if I can find a Digital camera.
will lyons
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Please post or send me images!

Post by Sir Adam »

Please post or send me images (info@cboats.net)...I don't know of any Dagger build squirt boats, unless it is a cut down slalom boat (a Zealot perhaps?) as you suspect.

Speaking of squirt boats....

I pulled the deck mold of the maven off the plug today (FINALLY). A bit of sanding and sealing, and many, many, many, many coats of wax later it will FINALLY be time to try and build one...I'll post images as appropriate.
Keep the C!
Adam
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

maven

Post by CosmikDebris »

Sweet, can't wait to see some pictures of the Maven. I have been thinking lately of trying to build or shape a C1 squirt. I have been recently thinking along the lines of two Shred (K1) sterns matched together. I think one thing that might help is to have concave decks with round edges. Pretty basic squirt boat shape I believe. Seems one of the drawbacks to the Acro and this boat I have is the decks are rounded which isn't very conclusive to creating downward "lift" from the hull. Who knows...it's late. We should talk squirting sometime though...
Will
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

YEEEEE HAAAAA!

Post by Mike W. »

Thanks for the Maven update! :P :D :P :D :P :D I'm looking forward to images. Could the '06 Armada be the world's debute for an actual boat? I sure hope so.

On the Acrobat, I don't know how to mystery, but I have been getting my ears wet on wave-moves with my master cut Acro. The black attacks are pretty explosive too :P I'm thinking this is more from the power of the wave, my excessive weight & the low volume of the boat than from the actual boat shape. But I'm having fun :D

From what I've read, sharp edges hurt the wing effect. I've often wondered how two Viper sterns would do. The stern squirts sure are smooth & controlled. It has nice, rounded edges, more hull than deck volume & enough shape on the deck to give the structure some rigidity.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

Marshall?
Marshall
c

Post by Marshall »

Hey cool, you've got my old boat :) I think it's an aerobat. The deck is curved outwards a little more than an acrobat. It's a really nicely laid-up boat--carbon/kevlar, vaccuum-bagged and all, build around 1996. It would be be better if the deck was flat...

BTW, congrats on the green race. You beat most of the kayakers.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Hmmmm

Post by Sir Adam »

Ok, here are Will's images (sorry about the delay)-anyone know what it is? I'm still thinking a cut down slalom boat, but only because I'm not aware that Dagger had any squirt boat molds....

ImageImage

ImageImage

ImageImage

Keep the C!
Adam
Longboatin
CBoats Addict

nice

Post by Longboatin »

Looks to me like the person who outfitted the boat, is a paddler after me own heart. Check the beer holder!
The beer holder is the most important component, and thus once installed I pull all the other outfitting measurements from the beer holder's location. Easy.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

You are right, that's fer a tallboy. Or two tallboys. Or a mason jar full of liquid or botanical goodies. What ever happened to yer longboat website?