Cboating in the Southeast

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Tommes

Cboating in the Southeast

Post by Tommes »

Hi folks,
I'm from Germany and I will stay in the Southeast, July 18 to August 4th. My girl friend and me will be traveling from Philadelphia, PA to Athens, GA and back. My girl friend doesn’t paddle :cry: but I would like to spend two or three days paddling. Anybody out there who would be willing to lend me a canoe – C1 or OC - and spend some time with me on the river? Class III whitewater would fine. I’m not really a hair boater... Currently I paddle a BlissStick RAD 185 and a Pyranha S8 225. Many thanks in advance! Happy paddling :D

Thomas
CBoater.com - The World of C-Boating
ncdavid
CBoats Addict

Post by ncdavid »

Thomas,
No problem. I have several open boats and a very light work schedule. I'm in North Carolina. Stay in touch and we'll work out the details.

David
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Hey Thomas

Post by billcanoes »

I'll try to paddle with you and David when you are here. Charlotte, NC- We usually paddle a couple of hours west of here. The rivers that will probably run then are ( www.americanwhitewater.org ) the Pigeon , French Broad 9, Nantahala, Tuckaseegee and Chatooga section 3 (SC), at least that would be the rivers closest to David and I. I have a so so spare PFD, but decent spare paddles 54-56 and 58" and helmets for ML head, and I'm sure if I can't go David would bring a C1 if you prefer.

Bill
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

travels...

Post by PAC »

No sure your exact plans but if you swing through the Ohiopyle (Lower Yough / Cheat) area I can set you up with a Zwo C1 for your travels.
Not sure if I'll be around to paddle but I can try. Nice areas to visit with the GF too. Falling Water, etc. and you can loop through WV too.
Just let me know if you're heading this way.
Paul C.
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
Tommes

Thanks a lot!

Post by Tommes »

Hi guys!
GREAT :D Many thanks for your posts! Bill: Thanks for your link to AmericanWhitewater. I'm really looking forward so seeing y'all on the river. I will take along a wetsuit, PDF, helmet, etc.
I will stay in touch! Again, thanks a lot.

Thomas
CBoater.com - The World of C-Boating
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Hi Thomas

Post by billcanoes »

Cool-Except for the Nanty you wont need a wet suit, and then you still would be fine with a full top. It should be high eighties to 90s from now through late aug /sept. We are already paddling in shorts and short sleeve tops, and only reason to wear a shorty top is to help keep the water out-

See you next month

David has a nice Defiant made by Kaz- it's a joy to paddle
Super Stable responsive and fast- the only problem is if you paddle it, every open boater wants to try it.

I should have a Wheelboy, Sith and Viper for C1s-but I'm waiting to get the Sith and VIper in the next two weeks, and I might have a Big Boy (which it sounds like you wouldn't need bases on the 225 instead of a 235) I hear its in the Netherlands now.
Louie

When you are in East Tennessee

Post by Louie »

Call me at 865 388 0915. I have a bunch of boats.
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Lee from Harrisburg

Post by billcanoes »

Hi Tommes and Lee,

Lee will also be paddling the Southeast, from PA.

Lee will be paddling the SOutheast 7/17-7/20(?)

I can leave work early 7/18 and 7/19 for evening paddles 2-3 hours from Charlotte, but my wife is going back to the beach 7/21, so I'll have my son for 5-6 days which will limit my time out and the rivers.

David,
Are you working Tuesday?
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

US trip

Post by billcanoes »

Tommes will be in NC this wed and using a wheelboy- trip Upper Green, Wautauge 2-3 section or possibly Wilson Creek- anyone else up for a midweek paddle.

Bill
billcanoes
CBoats Addict

Tommes visisting Athens

Post by billcanoes »

I spoke to Tommes the other night- he wasn't able to make it down to paddle yesterday. Is that claivoyant?

Anyway he is going to try to get to Kibler Valley Sat. I'm not sure I'll be paddling it though anymore-

Anyway, he will be in Athens GA staying at a friends- so if any Atlanta area boaters want to meet up with him to paddle- his # is 610-283-4414

he doesnt have computer access till Monday, which is why I'm posting for him.

Bill