To the class two boaters

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Louie

To the class two boaters

Post by Louie »

I ment no disrespect to you all, what I was refereing to was the class two boater who get on other sites and after two trip down the Nanty start tell Corrian how he was foolish to run Bald river falls with out three throw rope ,full face mask, flare gun, and parachute. I was really complementing the class two boater on here for not doing that large steaming pile of dog doo, I mean stuff. Of course that just shows the difference between those people who go to the river wearin dresses and panties and those on this site who only wear Kilts or like the open boater nuthin.

BTW I never was a class two boater that dam Bailey started up out on III & IV it wasn't till we meet Psycho that we even knew we'd skipped a couple of classes.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

haha, is "steaming pile of dog doo" a miracle of the new language filter? That doesn't seem like your style Louie...

Thank god for teh School of Hard Knocks, or I probably wouldn't be boating anymore!
Louie

MUST BE THE FILTER

Post by Louie »

I had to check with QC department ( who had to go to Engering) to see what a steaming pile of dog poo was.
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

bald river

Post by chuck naill »

I just completed a swift water rescue class and the flares are not longer used at Bald River. However, you better have a Clinch River paddle because it is a dad blame awful brace at the bottom. :D

Chuck Incognito from Parts, Unknown :wink:
Alden
CBoats Addict

boatin

Post by Alden »

Well, looky who's a "c guru . . ." Very nice, Will. Anyway, since this is part of paddling lore (albeit the kind of southeastern lore that is frequently sloshed back and forth in the kiddie pool that is Boatertalk) I wanted to check in and ask about Bald River Falls.

Having seen pictures of Bald River Falls, imagining anyone running it from the top is quite impressive. I recall that there has always been some doubt about whether Corran actually ran Bald River Falls from the top. Is this case? And if so, did he have anyone who was there with him? Typically, when I run huge waterfalls, I do it solo (so that, as Tim Kelley reasoned, with pathos, in a recent AW, I do not influence others . . . )

But really, what is the story? I definitely would have had trouble believing the thing about Toxaway Falls if I hadn't seen the video.

Anyway, laterrrr
Alden
chuck naill
CBoats Addict

set the record straight

Post by chuck naill »

What does C Guru mean, anyway? :o

There is a ledge 1/2 way down or up that people carry their boats to lauch off of. There used to be a video somewhere on AWW. :)

I got acquainted with Louie and Bailey years ago. THey are excellent open boaters and have been there and done that. Bailey makes the Clinch Water paddles like Craig of non lurker fame and I use. THey are bullet proof. Anyway last time I saw Louie he and Bailey were running the Tellico around Thanksgiving 2004. Bailey paddles a Dagger Quake or something like that. He ran Baby Falls from left to right and boofed taking in no water. Louie ran it backwards and got into the slot. I was filming my son's first decent and had a throw rope ready. Louie took one look at me and said very sternly, don't throw that rope. I didn't. :oops:

Louie is right about everything he talks about. He knows his stuff. He just doesn't want people throwing ropes at him. :wink:

Regards,

CHuck Incognito from Parts, Unknown :roll:
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

C guru: Class II Paddler, Class IV typist 8)
OR
C guru: A "large steaming pile of dog doo"-hot paddler!

bwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaa!
-- Cya
Louie

What Corran said

Post by Louie »

He said someonw was with him when he ran it , no video or pictures and he said he f'ed up his ankels when he did it.

Almost everyone has run the last twenty two feet, my son did it after he talked the president of Chota into carring his boat up to the drop. She only sliped twice gettin his boat up there.

I know the whole thing can be done , a good buddy of mine fell off of it in 1971 from the top he broke both heels and the bottle of wide turkey when he hit bottom.
CosmikDebris
CBoats Addict

Post by CosmikDebris »

I think C guru means that I spend way to much time in front of a computer screen. Unfortunatly, the rest of my time is usually spent on the river, not in front of my books! :o

Oh well, the grades should be here soon :evil: At least I'll be in Colorado when my rents see them!

Shoot me an Email alden and let me know yer plans, hopefully your shoulder is still doing well and you'll make it out there!