more in depth outfitting page

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

ghetto johnny
C Guru

more in depth outfitting page

Post by ghetto johnny »

does any one know of a more in depth c1 conversion outfitting page?
i found a boat and want to convert it but this would be my first attempt and am looking for moe precise how to info
thanks
john c
cincy,ohio
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

A few options

Post by Sir Adam »

Check out the "outfitting" page, specifically the "fence rail conversion" and the like to Craig Smerda's 'Infitting' page.

If you want another option check out the "TEAM etc" link to the left...no affiliate with CBoats.net, but great folks.
Keep the C!
Adam
allan
C Boater

Post by allan »

Adam,

I know you're always busy with this site, and we always ask lots of you, but...

I found when I was outfitting my first boat, some of the descriptions were great, but most of all, I just wanted to see as many pictures of outfitting as I could... I guess I'm a visual learner! anyways, with so many converters out here (ie, all of us who can't afford a wheelboy!) I bet you could easily get photos of ten or twenty different boats, and just throw them up on the conversions section... basically just a gallery of inspiration! :-) it probably wouldn't take too long, and could really help people out when they're first starting, so that they can get an idea of where the foam goes, and how it can be shaped.

I've got some photos of my NRG.. i know kevin has some photos of that sick vision.. I'm sure lots of other users could fire you off a photo or two of their conversion ideas.

anyways, just a thought.

cheers,
-allan
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Send 'em in...

Post by Sir Adam »

Kirill put together the images and basics for his information, as Randy did as well...I simply formatted it for .html and this site.

So, send your images all in, and I'll post them up there. I'd hoped to have a live conversion boats section as well by now, but I haven't finished tweaking it yet.
Keep the C!
Adam