Spring Armada Date Poll 2005

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

adamin
CBoats.net Staff

Spring Armada Date Poll 2005

Post by adamin »

Let's C what date is best, then see if Davey Hearn might be available for a clinic! I'm sure all sorts of interesting boats may appear this year 8) .... None of these dates conflict with Easter, Passover, Mother's Day, or the Hudson River Whitewater Derby :D (May 7th and 8th (Mother's Day)) .
Last edited by adamin on Sat Feb 12, 2005 2:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Might actually be able to make it down there from Canada - my wife and I are planning to hit Floriday early May w/ my family... might just be able to worka paddling trip in there :-D

-M
-- Cya
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

I haven't voted. Either of the 2 middle weekends will work for me. Everybody chime in & help us set the date :D .

I plan to paddle my 1/2" cut Acrobat.

I can bring:
Viper - full cut
Big EZ
AMP - this is kind of 4 sale
old wild-water boat
Last edited by Mike W. on Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

I voted for mid April. Hope to make it without any work or injury interference :-? ...
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau
KNeal (work)

Post by KNeal (work) »

:D :) :o :oops: :( :cry: :x :evil: :roll: :-? :P :lol: :wink: 8)

This year, May is going to be better for me, so I can do either of the middle weekends. Whichever weekend will have more attendees, I'll be happy to organize meeting times and launch times (plus lunch times). Fox's Pizza is in for another onslaught!

I plan on bringing:
- slalom c-2 (wife and me on Saturday)
- Viper c-1 (for anyone)

I can bring:
- leaky c-1 slalom boats
- Atom (lower volume stern)
- plastic Groove (Riot prototype) unless the owner wants it back

It just occurred to me that I have paddled the NBP Armada in a different boat every time (2001 c-2; 2002 Acrobat; 2003 missed; 2004 Viper).
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

my $.01

Post by PAC »

I'm liking the mid May time frame for a couple reasons - the primary being the weather / temp. This is because my son really enjoyed the last Armada (I think he learned a lot watch "team race" out of DC cutting up the NBofP) and wants to go this year - and I want him to have another enjoyable (and warm) time.
Based on that it looks like I will be paddling modified C2 (bow as a K and stern as a C). Hopefully I will have the pig boat (hydra duet) by then so I can bring a spare C2 for any other family tag team to borrow. :wink:
I can also bring the xxx, zwo, Micro, or Viper - just let me know interest.
I just hope Scott and show with some of that ginger drink! :)

PS: I also want to express my shock 8) at not have to worry about Mothers Day (5/8), Cheat Fest (5/7) or Stoney Fest (4/23-24).
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
sbroam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by sbroam »

I voted for May 14-15 - my daughter's birthday is May 1. However, I can probably make any of those dates work. I'll be bringing the Maverick+ so I can be cool like Team Race! Then again, I may bring along my eldest son and run him down in the ME.
jKelly-Rand

Post by jKelly-Rand »

I like mid May also.
I will bring:

Patriot C2
Viper C1
Atom C1

So who is bringing the Wheelboy?

Is anyone interested in paddling a Berrigan C2? This is your classic endhole tandem.

till next
Jim
msims
CBoats Addict

Post by msims »

Question - havent been to one of these jamborees before - I'll likely be driving from Toronto to Florida and then back again. Would rather not bring my boat (Nitro) - could I borrow? (Needs to be fairly big - I'm about 215.
-- Cya
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

msims, You're welcome to paddle my:
Viper - full cut
Big EZ
Amp
Acrobat - 1/2" cut
wildwater C-1 (provided I don't destroy it on the Nantahala :roll: )
I'm 190lbs & am a little heavy for the Amp, so unless you like to be able to throw a boat around I wouldn't really recomend that one :wink: If you have big feet you will not be able to get out of the Acro :o
barlaz
c

Armada dates

Post by barlaz »

The dates in May 14/15 or 28/29 work for me. I paddle an old gyromax and am trying to figure out what to move into next.
Ra;eigh, NC
the great gonzo
Paddling Benefactor

Post by the great gonzo »

msims,

If I can go this year, I could haul your Nitro down there.

I coulding the following boats:

Prijon Delirious C1 conversion
Robson Finkenmeister C1
Pyranha Prelude OC1
Noah Canoah Amerika C2

martin
Everyone must believe in something. I believe I'll go canoeing - Henry David Thoreau

Aramada

Post by guest »

It looks like mid-May is the choice- I will make all efforts to attend, and I will see if I can get Gunst to make the Pilgramage to the NB.
How about if someone shows up with an inexpensive full cut Viper for me to purchase!? ( Mike W.- while I still think it was beter to have you get that boat, I shoulda sold one of my kids so I could have bought it!)

I know that there has been some talk about clinics with Hearn and/or Lugbil. Has anyone yet made contact? I wonder if Jon would be interested in doing something here in his hometown (Richmond, VA) on the Friday of the Armada weekend- Kneal- thougth on this?

Brendan
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

If you Richmond guys can skip work on Friday to paddle you should be able to skip town for the weekend to paddle. No excuses this year :wink:

My Viper is not for sale :D It's the PERFECT boat for the Gauley :P Though I have been wondering how a glass Atom would do up there :wink: Vann?...Laura? When I decide that I have the $$ to have a new red Viper built you'll get 1st refusal on this one Brendan. Let me know if you want to paddle it for the Armada & I'll toss it on the truck for you.

Brendan, I lost your e-mail so I couldn't invite you to do the Appomattox last weekend. I lead a trip for the club & out of 9 boats, 3 were C-1's :D Way cool. PM or e-mail me to get back on my list. watson@telpage.net

Friday (or any time) on the James with Jon would be cool too.
KNeal
CBoats.net Staff

Post by KNeal »

Ha ha ha ha! :lol: I guess Mike W. busted me about the paddling on Friday bit. I'm really looking forward to this armada, again, and am especially stoked that we get the return of "B & B" (Bob and Brendan).

Just to let everyone know, I have already made contact with Davey Hearn about hosting some sort of clinic during our spring armada. Davey was really interested about this; however, he is going to need for us to decide on a weekend so he can make sure he has that weekend free. Everything else about the clinic will need to be decided on, so let's get a solid weekend and have Davey involved. Jon Lugbill is a different matter. He's very busy with his Sportsbackers business here in Richmond, so he may not be available. I'll still call him and ask. You, know I am absolutely amazed that I'm typing to you about me talking to 2 world champions to host a clinic for us. I never imagined that an obscure group like us c-boaters could have such easy access to the best in the sport :P . That's just incredible...

...and pretty dam cool. 8)

About the clinic. Davey is a slalom expert who can teach/coach any level of cboating (including wildwater :) ). What do we want to have in the clinic? Rodayo skills or just really cool paddling techniques and boat handling skills? Do we want a slalom clinic? Can we join Davey up at the feeder canal, or Mathers Gorge, or Dickerson, or up on the NBP (kinda hard to host a clinic there IMO). And finally, do we want it on Friday?

Let's get some feedback and I'll be happy to see what I can arrange.

KNeal (sitting at the computer at home getting my "cboating" fix)