Fall Creek

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

abird

Fall Creek

Post by abird »

So, did anyone else run Fall Creek this weekend? Is that not one of the coolest, neatest runs ever? That is the fastest run I have ever done. I spent the rest of the day paddling fast on the Farmington trying to get the rapids to come at me quick like Fall Creek.

That creek is like riding an avalanche through the woods. At one point I was going so fast I aimed toward an eddy, but slammed high speed into the bank -- didnt have enough time to do a freakin eddy turn!
all in all, one of my favorite rivers ever
Alden
jKelly-Rand

Post by jKelly-Rand »

Alden, I was just happy to stretch the paddle experience out to the max time on the river yesterday. I paddled from Fall Creek down to the legion field with the other atom paddler you met on the West. This is what I traditionally call the last paddle of the year, though others try to convince me differently. I always see the Farmington as the end of year test. Can I catch every eddie and play every wave? This year I'd say yes. It felt real good to prolong that stretch to the last.

til next
Jim
Don Williams
C Boater

Post by Don Williams »

Hi abird,

It is one of my favorite creeks although I only made one run on Saturday- sorta mad at myself in retrospect although it probably was a wise decision. Very unique feel to it, no really huge drops but very continuous and high speed as you said.

Pretty amazing we've only been running it for a few years; many thanks to Jim O"Brian and others for the strainer removal that made it possible.

Did Patrick take your picture? He has one of me at the first big ledge- #3758 and two of Paul Sapia in his Cascade- #3959 and #4041.

Don
abb110

boatin

Post by abb110 »

hey don,
yeah, look at that. old patrick came through again! im #s 4144 and 4150. fun fun fun.

wow, that picture of paul going airborne is niiice!
Alden