where can i find bulk minicell?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

marshwater

where can i find bulk minicell?

Post by marshwater »

i have a few boats to outfit and i trying to save a little $ by buying bulk. does anybody know of a hook-up? :o
Brettal
C Guru

But of course

Post by Brettal »

John Sweet! http://www.johnrsweet.com/

And don't forget about the search function, don't know how often outfitting questions were asked on the old board and John was pointed at as the place to buy cheap (since it comes in big rectangular chunks instead of the formed pieces you can get everywhere else).
Besides, he's a C-Boater. Can't go wrong!
creek1r
Pain Boater

Minicel

Post by creek1r »

www.johnrsweet.com has any thing you may need. By the way Sweet is the legendary C-boater for whom Sweets Falls on the Upper Gauley is named.
Bryant
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Good outfitting sources...

Post by Sir Adam »

Greetings...

For your basic foam John is a great source, as mentioned.

If you want more choices of the widths / thickness / types of foam, check out kayakoutfitting.com, run by Eric Zitzow of Angst fame (he can't be all bad-you can order a Groove through him:) ).

I tend to go to Eric for foam, and John Sweet for everything else. But partially that's because when he was putting up the website I was converting an Attitude (bad idea!) and the next day his site said (and still does) "...people doing c-1 conversions by specializing is big butt sheets of minicell foam". Stanley Sureform Shaver 21-115 is a great thing as well (I prefer it to dragonskin), and available through Kayakoutfitting.

For what it's worth John Sweet is being EXTREMELY helpful in reshaping the Slalom boat pages-anyone who's checked them out recently (C1 at least) will note a new format with A LOT more info on the early boats!

Oh-the John's site and Kayak Outfitting are linked from the CBoats home page (upper-right hand corner).
Keep the C!
Adam