Newbie conversion question. Help please.

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

candham

Newbie conversion question. Help please.

Post by candham »

So I got to talking with my c-boating friend and he says I should convert my Full Tilt to C-1. Sounds good to me.

So, I took out the K1 outfitting and now I am trying to figure out how to do this converson. I have checked the web and have got the majority of it but what is all this talk about seat bases and pedestals and saddles and glueing in the base versus bolting in the base???

Can I just get some foam, leave the seat track and the bow and stern pillars in, carve my own saddle and assorted other foam things and just glue them in? With all the pillars and the seat track it seems that a seat base would only be redundant as far as hull strength.

BTW, anybody here unicycle? My friend and I are getting into it and were discussing how it seems to be a perfect land sport compliment to c-boating. You know, half the bike/paddle.....

Thanks for helping,

candham
Paolo
Pain Boater

Post by Paolo »

I'm not sure I understand all... but
i had converted several kayaks and always just glueing the saddle in the base and in the foam pillars, this the lighter solution.
If you want more stiffness in the bottom of the boat you can use a kit conversion like dagger, dag or perception. These just must be fixed by the foam pillars, but are more heavy and expensive.
Hope this help.
Paolo Santoné

www.playboatingitalia.com
the italian playboating portal
creek1r
Pain Boater

Outfitting

Post by creek1r »

If your boat has a structual seat track in the bottom of the boat - use it. Your seating postion will be foward of the seating position in a kayak to achieve the proper trim. If track is adjustable - all the better.