ProZone 230 or Prijon Delirious? Input anyone?

Decked Canoes, Open Canoes, as long as they're canoes!

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

maxwell
c

ProZone 230 or Prijon Delirious? Input anyone?

Post by maxwell »

Hey. I'd like to hear from anyone who has paddled either of these boats (as a C-1 of course). Any input would be much appreciated. Thanx.
Maxwell
C1Deli
C Boater

Prijon Delirious views

Post by C1Deli »

Never tried a ProZone, but the Deli is well behaved and graceful.

Works well for all sizes -- I am 17st / 240lbs but several rather titchy top UK C1 freestylers have been using a deli as well. Over a dozen C1ers I know of were using a deli last year (though some of them are now using sponsor's boats or more aerial-oriented craft like the Pop and Skip).

Stable! It's wide, so stable, but the lozenge shaped hull means that the ends engage extremely well.

Forgiving! Never pearled on me once. Edges don't seem to catch much although I personally catch a few stern edges still, to be expected as it's almost a squirt boat for me ... :)

Solid! Super bomber constuction, not a hint of oil canning. Best plastic in the business by a long long shot.

Cheap! In the UK either £300 used or Prijon now do a school version with minimal kayak outfitting brand new for £400. You may even be able to buy an empty shell new.

Light! They quote 15kg and it certainly seems light, and my outfitting is lighter than the original kayak outfitting was as well.

Easy to outfit! I just have a foam seat and thigh console and a lap strap in the existing seat holes. No complicated hull supporting structures or bow and stern walls to worry about. You may need to carve away some of the thigh braces -- just a wood saw and file does the trick.

No footbumps! Not many kayakers can fit in it, but of course this makes it perfect for C1. Later models have some rather ugly footbumps added on by Prijon, so try to get hold of one without them (either special order from the factory or get a used one).

If you want aerial action, then try the delirium, which is a shorter deli with more thigh room and slightly faster front surfing ability(but tricky to back surf, apparently).

/edwin
______
More nonsense like this at
http://www.biothinking.com/paddle/
emk

Prozone 230

Post by emk »

I’ve recently outfitted a prozone 230 as a C-1. I'm 5'7" and 160 lbs. It is a little narrow for me, but I have big thighs. It’s my first play boat, my first conversion (other c-1 is an atom), and I’ve only had it in a pool twice, so I don’t have much to go on yet. I can easily get it vertical on the stern end (can’t hold it yet), but that’s it so far (again, only been in it twice and it’s my first play boat). Rolling is easy, I can roll with hand paddles, and I’m really close without them. Price is low from what I’ve seen. I bought mine used for $250 and I’ve seen new as low as $400. So far I’m lovin it, but we’ll have to see how I feel after I get it out on the river.
Good luck,
Ed
creek1r
Pain Boater

Deli thoughts

Post by creek1r »

First post pretty much on. I weigh 170/175 and can do front ender in pool with 3 foward strokes. Outfits easy - lots of room. Doesnt paddle downstream as good as a LUV but is OK. Only problem I have is bow stalling when trying to roll (pool) or big ender if facing upstream in current when rolling. How about starting ender while upside down. Spins like a demon. Think it will mystery in the right place. My ability is very limited in rodeo tricks so most of my impressive stuff has been totally unexpected and unplanned.
Paolo
Pain Boater

Post by Paolo »

Delirious without any dubts :D

the best playboat by prijon from long time
Paolo Santoné

www.playboatingitalia.com
the italian playboating portal
Paolo
Pain Boater

Post by Paolo »

Forgot the reasons sorry:

the Deli is looser than the PZ
the Deli is more slicy
the Deli is more stable (69 cm = 27" aprox)
Paolo Santoné

www.playboatingitalia.com
the italian playboating portal