WTB: OC-2 for Class II-III whitewater, mild tripping

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

Coz Teplitz
C Boater

WTB: OC-2 for Class II-III whitewater, mild tripping

Post by Coz Teplitz »

My wife and I are looking to add an OC-2 to our fleet. We are hoping to use it on ww up to Class III plus some mild tripping. I'm familiar with the Mohawk XL-13/14 hull, but would consider a Probe 13/14, Esquif Vertige X or Pocket Canyon, etc. If folks have other suggestions about models to consider, put 'em out there!

We're in NH but would drive to most places in the Northeast for the right boat.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: WTB: OC-2 for Class II-III whitewater, mild tripping

Post by Sir Adam »

If I were you I'd contact the person selling the AC/DC just below.
Keep the C!
Adam
Coz Teplitz
C Boater

Post by Coz Teplitz »

I really like the Millbrook boats I've paddled, but I am wary of a composite hull for a boat that will, I imagine, get a fair bit of wear and tear.

The weight is really nice, though...
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

My parents have an AC/DC from the mid 80's (purchased from John Berry when he was in Riparius, as we are nearby). It has been raced in the Hudson River WW Derby quite a few times, and over the years has taken some pretty good hits. Though I wouldn't intentionally go crashing in to rocks I don't worry too much when I borrow it if we scrape in to something. I'd not steep creek or go on an ELF run in a composite boat, but otherwise I vastly prefer them (easier to avoid the rocks in the first place, and a joy to portage (vs a plastic boat)). Call Kaz and discuss where you'd go paddle, and go from there.
Keep the C!
Adam
RobG4
C Boater

Post by RobG4 »

I just posted this Appalachian on CL today:

https://athensga.craigslist.org/boa/6666480490.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;