WTB: Drakker Wheelboy

Any Boat, Gear, or outdoor related item you have for sale. If you use it on a paddling trip, or to prepare for one, it's fair game.

Moderators: kenneth, sbroam, TheKrikkitWars, Mike W., Sir Adam, KNeal, PAC, adamin

richvrm
c

WTB: Drakker Wheelboy

Post by richvrm »

I am still on my quest for a OC-1 or C-1. While I am looking at setting up my Super Star as a K1 and C1 I was starting to think about the Wheelboy as an option. So I was wondering if anyone on here might have one for sale or has one sitting around being neglected that could use a new home where it will be loved and cared for. :)

Adam (not THE Adam)
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Re: WTB: Drakker Wheelboy

Post by Sir Adam »

Not sure where it is, but there is one out there for sale in theory:

https://boatertalk.com/gear/gear-detail.php?gid=86826" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(if the link doesn't work, got to Boater Talk, Gear Swap, and filter for Drakar as the manufacturer and it should appear...)
Keep the C!
Adam
strong
C Boater

Post by strong »

The one on boatertalk still should be available, it's a friend of mine. If you don't get her through boatertalk pm me and I can get you in touch.
richvrm
c

Post by richvrm »

Have you ever paddled it before? Last boat I bought without paddling first didn't work out so well. But living in Idaho not to many C1 guys or gals around and I'm trying to get back into it after 10 years of using two blades.
strong
C Boater

Post by strong »

I used to own it, but i weighed to much for it. If your under 170 it could be a good playboat. Even at 200 it surfed well, and rolled like a dream, but man were those stern edges unforgiving.
Mike W.
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Mike W. »

Nah, at 200lbs.it's a good boat. Surfs well, very stable and faster than I expected. Not edgy at all. It's a much better design than my Big EZ c-1.
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

It's a nice boat for a spud boat;)

Reminds me very much of a converted Forplay - spins easily, very forgiving, and stable. A little less slicey than a Forplay of course.

My only complaints are it is rather heavy (but of course I like light glass boats), and the original foam outfitting is terrible (mine was one of the first batch in the country, so perhaps they improved it later?).

IIRC there were 2 or three out in the Northwest originally - I'm not sure how many (if any) are still out there.

If you want a short "playboat" it is a good boat in my opinion.

I'm around 170 lbs.
Keep the C!
Adam
richvrm
c

Post by richvrm »

I'm sitting at 195lbs ok ok 200 lbs but I like having a1 in front of that number. I like the idea of getting an actual C1 but at my weight it sounds like I might be better off just doing a conversion. Especially at 500+ shipping. I've been looking into ways to fit out my superstar so I can switch back and forth.
PAC
CBoats.net Staff

Post by PAC »

Wheel Boy rocks for a play boat. It can run rivers too. at 190 it was good to go. Surfs well and I took its big brother down the LG with mega fun and SqueakyKnee has run the UG in one (WB) a number of times. Its a good buy and I will never sell mine. :-)
Paul C.
Cboats Moderator
Official TOG Member (Team Old Guy)!
disqo
Pain Boater

Post by disqo »

I am sure it would be hard to find a demo out west but I can't say enough good things about the Blackfly playboats. I had the original and now have a Delta and love them both. I weigh about 220 and I'm probably a little heavy but still love the performance!
Sir Adam
CBoats.net Staff

Post by Sir Adam »

Ah, but they (Black Fly canoes) are missing a deck;) Not having to bail, or deal with pumps is nice:)
Keep the C!
Adam
YTcanoe
C Guru

Post by YTcanoe »

richvrm wrote:I am still on my quest for a OC-1 or C-1. While I am looking at setting up my Super Star as a K1 and C1 I was starting to think about the Wheelboy as an option. So I was wondering if anyone on here might have one for sale or has one sitting around being neglected that could use a new home where it will be loved and cared for. :)

Adam (not THE Adam)

I have a Wheelboy, up above you, in Nelson, BC. Though, I'm not quite ready to part with it.
I haven't used it in years. It was a decent boat, but it never truly amazed me.

If you ever come up to surf Trail or Castlegar, we could try to meet and you'd be welcome try it and see if it's really what you want.

Mike
http://www.zetkayaks.ca" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;